mixgashaulbass

Adding a light bar to a KX450F?

I just recently did this mod to mine. I will take pics of mine and get the model number and mounting stuff I used. It was easy enough. I bought 4 different types before I settled with 1 due to the mounting. No extra drilling needed. I bought the 2 set LED's from tractor supply and used 1. I think its about 7 inches wide with 1 row of leds. about 45$ if I remember right. I used the power supply from the front plug that has a cover over it under the front number plate. It supplies 12.7 V which was perfect. I have a switch for mine. I can tell you more if you need and take pictures when i get back into town tomorrow.

• Like 1

any chance you could post up some pics repp? im keen on doing this for my 2014, on my 2001 yz i just cable tied  a led battery operated light to my handlebar, works good enough haha

On 1/9/2019 at 2:28 PM, Repp said:

I just recently did this mod to mine. I will take pics of mine and get the model number and mounting stuff I used. It was easy enough. I bought 4 different types before I settled with 1 due to the mounting. No extra drilling needed. I bought the 2 set LED's from tractor supply and used 1. I think its about 7 inches wide with 1 row of leds. about 45$ if I remember right. I used the power supply from the front plug that has a cover over it under the front number plate. It supplies 12.7 V which was perfect. I have a switch for mine. I can tell you more if you need and take pictures when i get back into town tomorrow.

Also interested in which wire you tapped into. Pic?

yes, the bike was at my other home. I just transported it back to school with me.  I will get some pics tonight. 

I know you asked about a light bar but I’ve run a Baja Designs squadron sport light on three different efi bikes. Just installed one on my 2013 Kx450f. They work awesome and the wiring harness is only $26 IMG_4296.JPG