cesarel

What you did to your XR today?

Just finished up installing a new xr600 countershaft into my 650l, along with new fritzco front sprocket, new chain, rear sprocket and a few other odds and ends. Now just gotta wait for all this snow to melt. 

F04E8AEE-966E-4E69-B505-8306B95CCCF4.thumb.jpeg.25c3efbe4fbafb98cb14dcdbd29a0a95.jpeg

82D68A64-D37D-4458-84B2-5F273FFC6D9C.jpeg.89f4edcae62513a5e3673233928de517.jpeg

• Like 2

IMG_1979.JPG
Well I came into work early this morning and fired up the dyno, I’ve been wanting to sniff the exhaust since I messed with the carb and see how close I got or if I needed to make any changes. I was concerned I wouldn’t be able to get an accurate A/F ratio reading with the stock spark arrestor, which turned out to be the case. I have been going back and forth on changing exhaust but I really like how quite the stock one is since I use this bike for checking trail cams sometimes before hunting season. If I cut the two spot welds and remove the two bolts will that remove the spark arrestor? And then would I be able to put it back if if I remove it?

• Like 1

That's just an inner baffle , which you may prefer to leave out any way , the spark arrestor is in behind that. Looking in from the back you are looking into the open end of a cone , it's a centrifugal spark arrestor.  Can you get your probe into one of the cleanout holes on the bottom where the 2 little plates with 2 screws each are ? 

That's just an inner baffle , which you may prefer to leave out any way , the spark arrestor is in behind that. Looking in from the back you are looking into the open end of a cone , it's a centrifugal spark arrestor.  Can you get your probe into one of the cleanout holes on the bottom where the 2 little plates with 2 screws each are ? 

Oh ok, I didn’t try to get them in those holes, they are probably to small for my probe but I will check. I stuck the sniffer into the end of the pipe but it was picking anything up for a reading. If I cupped my hands over the end of the pipe it was able to read it but obviously can’t do that while I’m running it

6 hours ago, DCcycleworks said:

Oh ok, I didn’t try to get them in those holes, they are probably to small for my probe but I will check. I stuck the sniffer into the end of the pipe but it was picking anything up for a reading. If I cupped my hands over the end of the pipe it was able to read it but obviously can’t do that while I’m running it

Drill the pipe in an appropriate spot and install a properly sized threadsert to use for your exhaust gas pump.  Install a button head bolt and crush washer to seal it off when dyno run is complete.  It's a pretty common method to use with difficult access.

Edited by Hollerhead

I've been wanting to do this for some time. Not many outlets out there for a center stand that fits my bike, so I made one from some old heim joints I had laying around and some 1 inch solid bar.P_20190308_230600_vHDR_On.jpegP_20190308_230538_vHDR_On.jpegP_20190308_220032_vHDR_On.jpegP_20190308_215952_vHDR_On.jpeg

• Like 4

Got the spare wheels for the XR650L knobby ready with rim locks and wheel weights. Ruined two tubes on front due to crappy tire (Sedona). Also, just for fun got the XR200(tall) out for a spin, love that little bike more and more the older I get. IMG_0371.JPGIMG_0372.JPGIMG_0377.JPG

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Installed the Lectron since it came in today. And actually rode the bike finally. Just a short road ride with the gf, but it runs and stops.

IMG_7696.JPG

IMG_7702.JPG

IMG_7699.JPG

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

19 minutes ago, brichter said:

Bought one o these for the plated bike. Only $20, if it don't do the trick I'll have to lace up something with a cush drive.

Linky-loo

Those aren't any sort of cush drive , it only quiets the chain.

1 hour ago, JoeRC51 said:

Those aren't any sort of cush drive , it only quiets the chain.

Bummer... this looks like the same type sprocket that DRZs use instead of a cush drive to save the countershaft splines. For $20 it's not like I bet the farm...

Oh well, I wonder how long it will last doing wheelies & burnouts? 😆

Edited by brichter

1 minute ago, brichter said:

Bummer... this looks like the same type sprocket that DRZs use instead of a cush drive to save the countershaft splines.

Oh well, I wonder how long it will last doing wheelies & burnouts? 😆

The DRZ sprocket isn't a cush either , it just makes the chain quieter , the XRL has these stock too.

33 minutes ago, JoeRC51 said:

The DRZ sprocket isn't a cush either , it just makes the chain quieter , the XRL has these stock too.

What about the important question, though?

1 hour ago, brichter said:

What about the important question, though?

Which is what ?

On 3/10/2019 at 5:17 PM, Babywolf said:

Got the spare wheels for the XR650L knobby ready with rim locks and wheel weights. Ruined two tubes on front due to crappy tire (Sedona). Also, just for fun got the XR200(tall) out for a spin, love that little bike more and more the older I get. IMG_0371.JPGIMG_0372.JPGIMG_0377.JPG

Nice new wheels, do the rear uses 45 sprocket?

What model are your mirrors? And that screen you have there is like an ipad or a gps? Very nice setup.