Untitled 50s

For most people it's not worth the added cost. Buy a $500 bike then spend $100+ to get a title.  Then  sell the bike a year or so later. Typically the bikes without a title will cost a little less which makes them easier to sell. The vast majority of these bikes will never see orv trail use where you need the stickers.

• Like 2

I generally have no issue buying bikes with no titles as long as the vin checks out. The one thing I have come across is both the 2008 and 2003 bikes I have with no titles have liens from the original owner. This prevents you from getting the title unless that original loan is taken care of. Not a big deal to me but if you want to take the 3 years filing for lost title it will probably not work.

I do have access to my father in law’s acreage about 15-20 minutes away so I wouldn’t need a tab for that. But the closest riding area is about 25 minutes from my door and is kid friendly so I’ll need a title. I just find it odd that people are trying that hard to save 100 bucks especially when you would lose that same amount on resale.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Wonderspoon said:

I do have access to my father in law’s acreage about 15-20 minutes away so I wouldn’t need a tab for that. But the closest riding area is about 25 minutes from my door and is kid friendly so I’ll need a title. I just find it odd that people are trying that hard to save 100 bucks especially when you would lose that same amount on resale.

Lots of divorce falls upon the fitty's so there's complications with titles. Few fitty's see ORV trails so ORV not really needed.

• Helpful 1

It is illegal for a dealer in WA to sell a vehicle without registering it in the customers name (unless to a licensed dealer), a dealer would be assuming way more liability than a 50 is worth to do so. Somebody probably is the legal owner of those bikes, if the seller doesn't have the title it may not be them. And yeah, kids bikes frequently get tied up in divorces, so one parent may have the bike and the other may have the title and they may not be on good terms.

Edited by motovita
  • Helpful 1

If the little guy or gal can fit on it comfortably, I would recommend going with a minibike in the 70 - 110 cc range, the bigger wheels make them easier to ride as the larger wheels roll over the trail/yard bumps and irregularities better, makes them much easier to ride IMO.

Plus you may get longer use out of the bigger bikes vs the 50's which the little ones grow out of so quickly.

But fit is the most important thing, if they can't put their feet down comfortably, the larger wheels will do them no good as they won't be comfortable on the bike. 

Good luck, sounds like fun. -Ed

If the little guy or gal can fit on it comfortably, I would recommend going with a minibike in the 70 - 110 cc range, the bigger wheels make them easier to ride as the larger wheels roll over the trail/yard bumps and irregularities better, makes them much easier to ride IMO.
Plus you may get longer use out of the bigger bikes vs the 50's which the little ones grow out of so quickly.
But fit is the most important thing, if they can't put their feet down comfortably, the larger wheels will do them no good as they won't be comfortable on the bike. 
Good luck, sounds like fun. -Ed

Oldest girl will be 6 and her sister close to 4 by the time we are ready so a 50 it shall be. I’m off in the summer so it would be nice to have one by then so we can check out the local squid pit mid-week to avoid crowds.
  • Like 1

My niece is practicality begging me for a 50cc. Right now she's on a electric bike and is riding two parks trail system in the neighborhood. Nobody is caring about it. I'm afraid with a motor and noise that will change? One of them is a state park with a campground, the other a county park.  

My niece is practicality begging me for a 50cc. Right now she's on a electric bike and is riding two parks trail system in the neighborhood. Nobody is caring about it. I'm afraid with a motor and noise that will change? One of them is a state park with a campground, the other a county park.  

What is she on now? I saw an Oset for sale on the west side for 850.

I was with some youngster this fall who were on Osets and they were loving them. I would seriously look into one of them if I was moto shopping for a youngster.

And I was seriously considering picking up an Alta for myself, but right after I took a test ride on one and got all hot and bothered about it, they closed up shop. What the hell Alta?! Lol.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Woods_Rider said:

I was with some youngster this fall who were on Osets and they were loving them. I would seriously look into one of them if I was moto shopping for a youngster.

And I was seriously considering picking up an Alta for myself, but right after I took a test ride on one and got all hot and bothered about it, they closed up shop. What the hell Alta?! Lol.

No kidding....man, I was about to get me a poacher, and 'poof'. 

I guess I'm glad I wasn't quick to pull that trigger.  A $15K, 250lb dead battery sitting in the garage laughing at me don't sound so cool

• Like 1