Timing

Hi all could some please help me have I got the timing right as I heard both line on ex and dot on intake should line up with head but on manual it look like this. Confused ! The line on the magneto is line up correctly as well

IMG_0842.JPGIMG_0844.JPG

your cams are aligned good with the head, but according to the manual you need to move your timing chain clockwise if looking at the picture you supplied one tooth over. i hope that makes sense

I think the misalignment we are seeing is the fault of the photo angle. Just make sure the lines are parallel with the top of the head. always take spark plug out and hand roll it over after any timing changes to make sure you are not hitting the piston with the valve just to be sure. I just recently was in on my 17' like yours and being one tooth off is very noticeable with aligning the marks up with the head.

Sorry If I sound stupid so are we counting the pin below the exhaust cam line not the pin inline with the line mark is this why the bike is now hard to start as before I change piston it used to start fist kick

Sorry If I sound stupid so are we counting the pin below the exhaust cam line not the pin inline with the line mark is this why the bike is now hard to start as before I change piston it used to start fist kick

Are we saying I am one tooth over

3 hours ago, Sam83 said:

Are we saying I am one tooth over

i believe you might be. look at where your cam chain is in comparison to the picture i provided where it should go

Yes I do see what your saying would this off cause any damage do you think I wonder why it was hard to start as before it run first kick.

5 minutes ago, Sam83 said:

Yes I do see what your saying would this off cause any damage do you think I wonder why it was hard to start as before it run first kick.

it could run the way you have it and not cause damage but i would take the time to make sure its right and do move the cam chain to where it should be.