pussywagon

Beta Xtrainer assembly things to look for?

19 hours ago, Squatting_Dog said:

Zip tie all OI hoses. Mine leaked from day 1 in the airbox.

Float Level seems to be a common issue on these. Check to see if you leak gas while on the kickstand. Mine poured out.

Funny you say that; mine started pouring gas out yesterday. It's got 40 hrs on it, and never did it before. Pretty sure I did the float level check when I first got it('17). 

Edited by drumiv
  • Like 2

I changed out the collant, thermostat seems to be def leaking. Something else is leaking out of the airbox hole. Haven't really taken it apart to look closer. Want a good quality in line thermostat if i dont do away with it completely. I like the bike a lot so far. Don't like to be worrying about something new.

31 minutes ago, pussywagon said:

I changed out the collant, thermostat seems to be def leaking. Something else is leaking out of the airbox hole. Haven't really taken it apart to look closer. Want a good quality in line thermostat if i dont do away with it completely. I like the bike a lot so far. Don't like to be worrying about something new.

You could pull thermostat. Only effect is that you need to warm it up say three minutes before gradual warm up ride. 

• Like 3

On 12/27/2018 at 9:37 PM, drumiv said:

Funny you say that; mine started pouring gas out yesterday. It's got 40 hrs on it, and never did it before. Pretty sure I did the float level check when I first got it('17). 

My 300 does it intermittently - probs a briefly stuck float. Have a crash - that usually frees it up! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My 300 does it intermittently - probs a briefly stuck float. Have a crash - that usually frees it up! 
Got that covered!
  • Like 2

On 12/27/2018 at 4:37 AM, drumiv said:

Both my Beta's (XTrainer and EVO 4T) pour gas while just sitting on the kickstands.  I had to add a petcock to the 4T because the solenoid freezes open.  And on both bikes, I have to shut the petcocks off every time I stop.  Pain in the arse when I take off again and have forgotten to turn the petcock back on . . .  usually dies at the most inopportune time, like when hitting an obstacle on the trials bike, or trying to clear a ditch jump on the XTrainer.

No clue why only Beta can't seem to resolve this.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, markbfe501 said:

Both my Beta's (XTrainer and EVO 4T) pour gas while just sitting on the kickstands.  I had to add a petcock to the 4T because the solenoid freezes open.  And on both bikes, I have to shut the petcocks off every time I stop.  Pain in the arse when I take off again and have forgotten to turn the petcock back on . . .  usually dies at the most inopportune time, like when hitting an obstacle on the trials bike, or trying to clear a ditch jump on the XTrainer.

Mine did it the one time, hasn't since. I think it was just some crud caught in there.

• Like 1

Spending the winter working on my recently acquired 2016 xTrainer.  These threads are invaluable, as have so far found that the kickstand bolt and the spring bolt were backing out, and the nut on the rear axle was hand tight.  😮The bike has 13 hours on it, and I get the feeling is that the PO never really checked the torque on any of the nuts and bolts.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CycloSteve said:

Spending the winter working on my recently acquired 2016 xTrainer.  These threads are invaluable, as have so far found that the kickstand bolt and the spring bolt were backing out, and the nut on the rear axle was hand tight.  😮The bike has 13 hours on it, and I get the feeling is that the PO never really checked the torque on any of the nuts and bolts.

Do yourself a favor and look up GP's post giving torque values - the Beta provided ones are excessive for the most part. See if this works http://www.betarider.org/forum/download/file.php?id=331

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CycloSteve said:

as have so far found that the kickstand bolt and the spring bolt were backing out,

Mine do too!

Need to clean the grease off and loctite the bolt.

2 minutes ago, Beta300recat said:

Mine do too!

Need to clean the grease off and loctite the bolt.

Going to safety-wire a bunch of items, this is just one on my ever growing list.  Still have all the tools, a spool of SS wire, and skills from prepping my road-race bike back in the early 90's.  😁

On 1/11/2019 at 4:24 PM, markbfe501 said:

Sounds like float level .. its fast and easy to do

Edited by hawaiidirtrider