2006 YZ250F FMF Powerbomb came with a dent???

I ordered an FMF powerbomb from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC and it came with a small, long dent towards the front of the header where it connects to the engine. The dent is positioned right where the pipe comes close to the frame. I don't know if this dent is intentional or not and I really need help. Does anyone else with this model of bike and exhaust have this problem??? Please help!!!!

I'd call RM. My son has an FMF pipe similar to yours without the dent. It is an older pipe and they may have changed them but I'd want to talk to RM and maybe even FMF.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ronbuell said:

It may be intentional to provide clearance for a wrench.  Some headers are made that way.  Darrell has the right answer though.  A call to FMF would clear that up.

I called rocky mountain atv and they said it was supposed to be there but should I get a second opinion?

i would call FMF and ask them about the dent..unless rocky mtn actually looked at another pipe which i kinda doubt..just since i'm pretty sure that they don't wanna pay to send you another which is why they said it was supposed to be there..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jamiehughes said:

i would call FMF and ask them about the dent..unless rocky mtn actually looked at another pipe which i kinda doubt..just since i'm pretty sure that they don't wanna pay to send you another which is why they said it was supposed to be there..

FMF said it was supposed to be there but the fmf person didn’t look at another pipe while i believe RM did. So should I just believe it and go?

dang man, i don't know..i don't know that i would use it..those things aren't cheap but i'm sure it won't hurt anything it just sucks if it got banged up in shipping.. i pulled up a picture of a used  FMF powerbomb for an 01-06 on ebay and there isn't a dent where yours is..

Edited by jamiehughes

1 hour ago, jamiehughes said:

dang man, i don't know..i don't know that i would use it..those things aren't cheap but i'm sure it won't hurt anything it just sucks if it got banged up in shipping.. i pulled up a picture of a used  FMF powerbomb for an 01-06 on ebay and there isn't a dent where yours is..

I called FMF again... Told them my problem again... And asked a lot of questions. The tech guy seemed VERY CERTAIN it was supposed to be there, so I’m going to run it. I felt like i was bothering them but FMF should really include a note about the dent if it’s supposed to be there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drzjosh125 said:

I called FMF again... Told them my problem again... And asked a lot of questions. The tech guy seemed VERY CERTAIN it was supposed to be there, so I’m going to run it. I felt like i was bothering them but FMF should really include a note about the dent if it’s supposed to be there.

I really don't think that's made that way intentionally , ask FMF to Email you a picture , instead of assuming they're not just blowing you off.

• Like 2

If it makes you feel any better, the dent wont make any difference in performance, whether it's supposed to be there or not.  There is a youtube series called engine masters where they tested the theory on a dyno with a v8.  They started with new headers and proceeded to dent the heck out of them making dyno runs in between.  The result was the dents didn't make any difference in performance at all.  

• Like 2

It's intentional. Install it and go for a ride, no need to worry.

My '06 WR250F had the same exact clearance - I called RMC at the time and had them check all parts in inventory and every singe header had it.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, misko said:

It's intentional. Install it and go for a ride, no need to worry.

My '06 WR250F had the same exact clearance - I called RMC at the time and had them check all parts in inventory and every singe header had it.

So yours looked exactly like this?

16 minutes ago, Drzjosh125 said:

So yours looked exactly like this?

Yes. 

6 hours ago, Drzjosh125 said:

Even if it wasn't supposed to be there it wouldn't do any harm to run that pipe with that death I don't know if you seen the engine masters episode where they beat the bejesus out of a header with a hammer and dented the crap out of it and it didn't make any less power. way way way more severe than that header is

RMC told you it was built that way.

FMF told you twice that it was built that way.

Misko told you twice that his pipe has the exact same design.

I understand OCD and retentiveness, but c'mon man, run it.  It's good.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, todd727 said:

RMC told you it was built that way.

FMF told you twice that it was built that way.

Misko told you twice that his pipe has the exact same design.

I understand OCD and retentiveness, but c'mon man, run it.  It's good.

You got me where it hurts. Bravo