EBC clutch hub tool BS

Whoever at EBC thought shrink wrap was a good idea needs to pull it off one of the tools and see how he likes it then.  It is in every nook, cranny & cog and comes off in tiny pieces. I don’t want any of it to get in my motor.  I’ve been trying to get the crap off for 45 minutes and stopped to vent.

I thought about putting in my bead-blast cabinet or pouring gas on it then light it off.

Anyone got any better ideas?

Dog

13ADEC68-DDB6-4D9D-9FDE-47B12C8DCF94.jpeg

953831BD-5576-4F9C-A62E-4C8C2F5185FF.jpeg

8D7E6FA0-F689-47E3-B021-063EED9F1C72.jpeg

1 hour ago, dogfoot said:

Erik, I did cut the plastic all the way around inside and outside hoping it would just pop off, but to no avail. I am going to try Acetone and see if it will melt it off.

Kent

Weird, thats all I remember doing and it peeled off in large pieces.. Baring that, I think Id hit it with a wire wheel on the grinder and just brush it off. 

Well, I finally got the crap off after another 2 hours work. I put it in very strong thinner and also acetone (I forgot to try gasoline) I had to scrap every cog with my knife and wire brush it by hand with a stainless steel brush. It took me longer to work on the tool than it did to install the kick starter kit. Needless to say, I not to happy with EBC? 

Dog

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dogfoot said:

Well, I finally got the crap off after another 2 hours work. I put it in very strong thinner and also acetone (I forgot to try gasoline) I had to scrap every cog with my knife and wire brush it by hand with a stainless steel brush. It took me longer to work on the tool than it did to install the kick starter kit. Needless to say, I not to happy with EBC? 

Dog

Call them and let them know

yesthisisdog.jpg

• Like 1