Stillhavetimeleft

All my delts are suddenly getting sore

Ive noticed over the last 9-12 months that my delts are starting to get sore and tight as well. When I jam my finger in them I can feel hard spots of the muscles like the top halves of the side delts... some of them the entirety is hard as a rope tip to tip, mostly the fronts. I'm 48 so many aging has something to do with it. I do classes at the gym like power bar bell and spinning and some weights as well but nothing mental.

Anyone else experience this?

Edited by Stillhavetimeleft

40 minutes ago, Stillhavetimeleft said:

Ive noticed over the last 9-12 months that my delts are starting to get sore and tight as well. When I jam my finger in them I can feel hard spots of the muscles like the top halves of the side delts... some of them the entirety is hard as a rope tip to tip, mostly the fronts. I'm 48 so many aging has something to do with it. I do classes at the gym like power bar bell and spinning and some weights as well but nothing mental.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks for posting!  Sounds like you are developing trigger points in the soft tissue and connective tissue.  When you get a chance, pick up a tennis or lacrosse ball and start working the tissue.  Below is a playlist that I put together to help you walk from head to toe and address any tight muscles.  Keep in mind that the tissue is all interrelated and if one muscle is tight it "pulls" on the next and then the next so you might be surprised where the actual source of the pain is coming from.  

In addition to working on the soft tissue, make sure that you are staying properly hydrated.  Strive for half of your body weight in ounces of cold water spread out over an eight to ten hour day.  When working out, keep a close eye on your sweat rate.  You want to keep your sweat rate in the 1-2% range (no higher or lower).  Chronic dehydration is a frequent source of muscle pain and spasm issues.

Give these thoughts a try and let me know how your body responds. 

Yours in sport and health,

-Coach Robb

Coach Robb's Soft Tissue and Flexibility Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2473977B40221592