Hurricane Graphics

I just picked up a new holdover 2017 YZ250 and want to go with the retro look. My first MX bike as a kid was a 1979 YZ80, and I want the same look for what I believe to be my last MX bike.

I have searched the internet for hours and have come up dry. Does anyone make the retro hurricane yellow graphics for the new generation YZ’s.

I am also looking for the old Yamaha Yellow plastic. Im undecided on a yellow or black Clarke gas tank. If I go yellow on the tank, does anyone know what brand plastic will match? Is the R-Tech plastic a direct bolt on replacement to the 2015-up plastic?

Any input would be appreciated.

YZ250_yellow-L.jpg

Clarke tank and I think the fenders are Acerbis. Not a perfect match for the yellow-gold, but close enough, and much closer after some rides. (Pic is brand new.) White shrouds were the only option at the time. I think now you might be able to get Cycra yellow-gold shrouds.

I was never happy with the graphics, I wanted the Molly Design black speed blocks. Really hard to find for the YZ125/YZ250 and you have to deal with tank graphics. These graphics peeled off a couple months ago and now I have white shrouds, kind of reminds me of an old RM250/RM250X.

Yamaha did OEM yellow plastic on their Anniversary 4-strokes. Unfortunately, the front fender is the only piece that will fit.

2016  front fender 60th Anniversary yellow P/N 17D-21511-70-00

2006  front fender 60th Anniversary yellow P/N 5XC-21511-D0-00 (You may have to slot a few holes).

Congratulations on picking up the holdover '17. Wise choice. 

Polisport has the entire plastic kit except for the fork guards. Also includes an air box for pre '15 restyle. I put a set on my 03 250 and I love it. RMATV/MC has them available. And at a great price.  

Enjoy your new bike bud!

1391117595_Capture_2019-01-01-16-10-34.thumb.png.f3153cc0655b1ec4e6a06d6f0da03180.png

• Like 1