PCGP Jan 19-20

• 2 weeks later...

the polka dots are evil and they get more evil the more it rains.  I volunteered years ago at a very wet PCGP to help as a course helper flag man, and I was pulling guys out of deep mud pits all day long.  The Polka dots were standing by laughing, doing nothing to help stranded riders. &%$#@! that.

I used to love those days,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thirty years ago! I find it hard to believe and irresponsible to put riders on knobbies on the pavement in those conditions.

Did you have a bad experience or just speculating? I didn’t have or see any issues on the pavement. There was surprisingly good grip, actually. But I had a brand new M5B...

Pavement, rain, greasy mud, knobbies, adrenalin and egos are not a good combo in a race situation. Seems they might have found a better way to use what was available. I'm sure it was fun for most, glad it worked out for you. As I indicated, time can change the perspective.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

a lot of that course, at least the dirt parts,  is wide open flat straights, not much turning. Maybe they did that because of the rainy year or they got too many complaints about too many mud bogs in years before? .  When I was out there 10 years ago, the course was more variable and turning and there was lot of mug bogs, mud holes and pits even. Also the street parts were just added 10 years ago and have grown to be way too much in my view. Who wants to ride pavement?  But I am not a HS racer, so my opinion is worthless, maybe most everyone liked it

Edited by World Famous bigbob