2019 Husky TE300i - Map Switch??

Quick question for you guys...just picked up my new 2019 TE300i and noticed there was no standard map switch included.  Is it correct that the 2019 TE300i does not come with the switch?  Bought in USA.  Thanks for the response!

I don't think the te version comes with the switch, you can buy one and install it or you can switch it yourself by uncoupling the plug the switch plugs into but to me at least the the soft map isn't even worth installing the switch. I tried it once and have never bothered with it since

Check in your box of bits that come with the bike. All euro spec Husqvarna te models come with the switch

• Like 1

Yes, in Europe they come with the map switch, although its an ignition curve switch, but map switch sounds better lol.

My 2017 Husqvarna TX 300 never came with the switch, I had to buy it from the dealer...

Mine came with the switch, i know the ktm's don't but i thought all Husky did, but thats europe. The stock ones are very pricey though so you should ask your dealer.

5 hours ago, doctorchopper said:

Mine came with the switch, i know the ktm's don't but i thought all Husky did, but thats europe. The stock ones are very pricey though so you should ask your dealer.

Exactly the same here in Austria, KTM's dont come with it, Huskies do have it as standard equipment. The switch is about 98 USD if you order it here, but I guess its somewhat cheaper in the US.

Thanks for the responses guys!  Probably not a need for one but I guess I could buy that cheaper Bauer if I felt like throwing one on.  Amazon has it for $28 or Slavens has it for $34.  

Go back to your dealer and have them give it to you.  I have a 2019 TE300i and it did come with the switch.  All of the TE300i models sold in the United States come with the switch.  The husky USA website clearly shows the switch coming on the bike (click on "premium components" tab).   And yes, Husqvarna calls it a "map switch" on their website.

• Like 1

Alittle bit off topic but can you buy the regular clamp to replace the map switch? I couldn’t find it on the parts diagram. I think the switch is pretty much useless and it would clean up the wiring a bit more. 

Also curious which side are yours on? Mine came on the brake side and my buddies came on the clutch side. 

9 hours ago, Bigd450 said:

Alittle bit off topic but can you buy the regular clamp to replace the map switch? I couldn’t find it on the parts diagram. I think the switch is pretty much useless and it would clean up the wiring a bit more. 

Also curious which side are yours on? Mine came on the brake side and my buddies came on the clutch side. 

It normally should be on the brake side. The clamp for the brake side of the 2019 300 is pn 25002044000 but I think it may fit the clutch side too. There's no clamp for the clutch side, at least I could not find it in the spareparts list.

I just bought a TE 300 and the switch was in the box, also make sure you get the oil pump wake up plug, it was not in

my box either and had to get it from the dealer, Free of course.

2018 Te 300, came with the switch standard but I only used it a couple of times and cant tell much of a difference either way. Brake side as well.

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It normally should be on the brake side. The clamp for the brake side of the 2019 300 is pn 25002044000 but I think it may fit the clutch side too. There's no clamp for the clutch side, at least I could not find it in the spareparts list.

Perfect thanks!  I am really not even sure which is ran mode and which is standard. I think rain mode is 2 but can’t tell much difference and couldn’t see any mention of it in the manual either. 

If they havent changed anything II is soft curve and I is standard (aggressive). If you want to be sure you can measure continuity with an ohmmeter connected to the switch. If your ohmmeter doesnt beep its soft curve, if it does beep its aggressive kurve.

• Like 1