Woodsweapon350

2019 450 long haul updates?

Let’s talk about the 19 450 and how it has been holding up. They’ve been out for a while now and I’m sure there is some 60-100 hour bikes in here. I’m buying a new bike in the spring and the kx is number one on my list. Let’s hear how you guys feel about them after putting some hours on it

Anyone with any input? I’m trying to decide on either the new kx450 or yz450.

only issues I'm having is my chains keep stretching, sprockets keep wearing, filters keep getting dirty, tires keep loosing their sharp edges, oh and the gas I put into the tank keeps turning into exhaust..lol On a serious note, I haven't had any issues.  If I were to start the I wish game and list the things I think kawi should change for next year, it would be a short list other than personal preferences (airbox design has room for improvement, stock exhaust pipe is too long).  I would try and ride both and make an informed decision.  I know yamahas are known by the yz community as being "bullet proof".. but nothing mechanical is.  everything has a wear out date.  It comes down to taking care of your machine... I like my 2019 kawi. Will I always own green?.. No, will I own another kawi in the future?, for sure...Good luck..

• Haha 1

I have had mine since July, and ride it every weekend.  I haven't even taken the battery out to charge it yet.  So far so good. I agree there are some things that can be made better, including the air box design and muffler like jophis said.  The only thin I have noticed is I seem to wear the plastics more than other bikes, especially around the number plate area.  Also, I have seen a few people break the sub frame exhaust tab with certain after market pipes.  I saw fmf has a special bracket to avoid this and I am sure kawi will add a bit of material there to remedy that problem in the future.  When it all comes down to it, this is the best bike I have owned to date.