Stroker kits

25 minutes ago, adnohguy said:

I already ordered two 2mm pins and an 8mm pin from GH since TM is MIA and Crank Works would be $900.00 + shipping for three cranks. Already got pistons for what ever I want to build.

You know I wasn't referring to you ... At all...

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:07 AM, Baja Rambler said:

I don’t know how accurate it needs to be, but I bet you take longer.  ?

Well it needs to be real accurate for those that want the job done right. Imagine that 5lb or whatever it weighs flywheel spinning at 7000rpm while moving up and down .010" or more! That would be a noticeable shaker and consume HP. My xr628 crank was within factory tolerances at .006" But when I install a new rod kit I got it under .001" for run out! Talk about a much smoother running engine! Its all the small things that add up big while building an engine right? ? 

• Like 5
  • Helpful 1

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:40 PM, Baja Rambler said:

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:25 AM, ricky racer said:

Well it needs to be real accurate for those that want the job done right. Imagine that 5lb or whatever it weighs flywheel spinning at 7000rpm while moving up and down .010" or more! That would be a noticeable shaker and consume HP. My xr628 crank was within factory tolerances at .006" But when I install a new rod kit I got it under .001" for run out! Talk about a much smoother running engine! Its all the small things that add up big while building an engine right? ? 

Mr racer are you able to do a step pin crank for any of us?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bajatrailrider said:

Mr racer are you able to do a step pin crank for any of us?

The problem I see for me doing a crank for you is clearance the rod before I weight it for balancing purposes. I had my cases split on the bench. Assembled half the crank installed it. Spun it and clearance it. Then I finished the process. If you don't want it balanced I can do it easy. Balanced lots of shipping back and forth. If I had a bottom end laying around to mock up half a crank to clearance the rod I would only need you to ship your crank rod kit piston rings pin and clips so I can weigh them. Not sure how Crank works is doing it. Probably not balancing the crank would be my guess.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ricky racer said:

The problem I see for me doing a crank for you is clearance the rod before I weight it for balancing purposes. I had my cases split on the bench. Assembled half the crank installed it. Spun it and clearance it. Then I finished the process. If you don't want it balanced I can do it easy. Balanced lots of shipping back and forth. If I had a bottom end laying around to mock up half a crank to clearance the rod I would only need you to ship your crank rod kit piston rings pin and clips so I can weigh them. Not sure how Crank works is doing it. Probably not balancing the crank would be my guess.  

PM sent

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:31 AM, ricky racer said:

Thank you MR racer all cranks done be Terry are not balanced that we have. Seem to be fine without bal still would be better. Is your 8mm stroker balanced. If so does it shake. Would you be interested in getting the whole bottom end. Or since you have full time job no time. Im thinking this My 6mm stroker already has more use then. Others have rode in 10 years or more if it breaks or needs rebuild . It will take months to get it going again. So my small wheel 230 I could pull that engine build it as I don't ride it much. So time would not matter put it back in my stroker bike.  Then rebuild  my stroker or since it is still running great put it in small wheel bike. Lord knows with only 20 running bikes here I only like that one.

1 minute ago, bajatrailrider said:

Thank you MR racer all cranks done be Terry are not balanced that we have. Seem to be fine without bal still would be better. Is your 8mm stroker balanced. If so does it shake. Would you be interested in getting the whole bottom end. Or since you have full time job no time. Im thinking this My 6mm stroker already has more use then. Others have rode in 10 years or more if it breaks or needs rebuild . It will take months to get it going again. So my small wheel 230 I could pull that engine build it as I don't ride it much. So time would not matter put it back in my stroker bike.  Then rebuild  my stroker or since it is still running great put it in small wheel bike. Lord knows with only 20 running bikes here I only like that one.

I’m currently working with GH to facilitate the needs of our community ? I didn’t balance my crank as I was in a time crunch to ride/race as that was my only steed. Yes it shakes a little but my little could be more then others would put up with if they are elderly or have damaged wrist like I have but I’m only 43? I will be balancing it when I take it back apart!!!!  I will leave it up to GH to announce what’s happening when he’s ready. All I can say is I’m ready now? 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, ricky racer said:

I’m currently working with GH to facilitate the needs of our community ? I didn’t balance my crank as I was in a time crunch to ride/race as that was my only steed. Yes it shakes a little but my little could be more then others would put up with if they are elderly or have damaged wrist like I have but I’m only 43? I will be balancing it when I take it back apart!!!!  I will leave it up to GH to announce what’s happening when he’s ready. All I can say is I’m ready now? 

Ok then I would stick to unbalanced 6mm stroker as ours very little next to nothing vibs. As far as OLD ELDERLY DAMAGED WRIST.   Mike at 75 me 66. Wish that is all that hurts HAAAAAA We still managed to ride end of Dec to now 15 days riding

• Like 1

None of my TM stroker cranks are re-balanced.

The 4mm cranks do not shake at all or at any least, IMO, any more than a stocker.

The 6mm cranks do shake a little more at idle only, and the new sound is very noticeable to an experienced ear.

They make a sound and shake just enough to let a trained ear know that something new is going on that just makes you smile.

As soon as it’s in gear and the clutch is out, no more shakes but the front end is lighter with every gear change and when ever the throttle is twisted WFO.

Then the smiles really get big as your hunch that something exciting was going on there, just let itself be known because you don’t need a Dyno to have your proof, because you will be grinning from ear to ear when riding.

Of course your experiences my be different than mine because to feed a stroked 230f, one needs excellent and proper porting with a well matched intake manifold, a large enough cam that’s matched/tailored to the type of power/torque/rpm range that your looking for, larger than a normal oversized header pipe, larger carb, larger intake valve, Pro Com CDI Box, all with as much compression as your choice of fuel will allow) more compression the better) and fuel that supports that.

( I run 13-1 pistons that are 13-1 with a stock stroke) the more stroke that you run with whatever piston, the more compression you get)

(Did everyone see Greenhumans 14-1 compression piston that he is going to offer in one of his kits) ( NICE)

Up to 280cc + is available with a 8mm stroker pin from greenhuman but to have it run excellent and be totally reliable, it will take a lot of work to pair parts together that are proven to work well together.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

This is good news. Ricky has agreed to start assembling the stroker cranks for those wondering where to go to get this done. I can ship the kits directly to him to save on freight costs. He will be offering assembly and optional balancing and even rebores done correctly. You can contact him regarding prices. I find it is better to deal with someone who is experienced with these engines.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, greenhuman said:

This is good news. Ricky has agreed to start assembling the stroker cranks for those wondering where to go to get this done. I can ship the kits directly to him to save on freight costs. He will be offering assembly and optional balancing and even rebores done correctly. You can contact him regarding prices. I find it is better to deal with someone who is experienced with these engines.

Good to know!  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, greenhuman said:

All for the incredibly low cost of.....

1517162914_giphy(2).gif.05af062aa9f1b7f80599894e3a141889.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2