Officer Mike

MX Tech AER leaf spring mid valve

Even a soft clamp can damage the rod ,if you use the base bolt you cannot damage the rod

So what's the recommendation then? I was thinking I could even use a piece of very hard wood to make a rod holder if needed. 

you only need to remove the m6 nut that holds the piston on, just use the cap like Mog suggested.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bowser said:

you only need to remove the m6 nut that holds the piston on, just use the cap like Mog suggested.

Thanks, would you still advise disassembling the whole fork, or can I just remove from the bike and lower the outer chamber tube?

you have no choice but to strip the whole fork. Watch some youtube videos prior so you have a better idea of what to do 

only need a rod clamp if you're taking the mid stem off the rod...unscrewing the shim clamp nut you can use the wrench flats on the mid valve stem to hold...don't even have to touch the rod.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So I installed the MX-Tech Mid valve today, and have one question. It seems now even after proper bleeding there is a mechanical sound as soon as it goes to rebound, this happens everywhere in the stroke. I tried bleeding it twice, it can't be this. Is this due to the float in the valve or possibly the check valve?

Also I found this weird rubber cap looking thing on my bench, could be from a different project but thought I'd double check to make sure I didn't forget it somewhere!

588471145_IMG_20190811_122052(2).thumb.jpg.f454b5c93fd19af4a409fb661623e8df.jpg

Edited by Rider Eh

yes that is normal, just the RSV closing.

No idea on that cap thing, not from AER forks

1 hour ago, n2dirt said:

The rubber cap is for the rebound clicker. 

I think you are thinking of the cap on the bottom of the fork, this isn't that. That one is like 3/4" diameter.

I'll call MX-Tech but sounds like this clicking noise on the rebound is ok. Thanks Bowser.

MX-Tech says everything is normal. Thanks guys, look forward to testing this this week. Looks like I may need some shims for the base valve yet to match their settings.

The clunk noise sounds like a loose steering stem, what's weird is guys on KTM talk and a buddy say there's don't make any noise. Can anyone else confirm? I'm a bit nervous as I'm going on a week long riding trip.

Rode yesterday and the new valving is awesome, now I feel like I should do something with the shock. No concerns with the noise either, buddy I rode with is a decent amateur tuner and says his does it as well.