HFTDan

Looking for riders around Cumberland County, NJ

What’s up everyone? Just joined after reading the forms for a few weeks. We moved to Cedarville/Lawrence Township last April. It’d be cool to find some people in the area to ride with. I’ve been scouting trails and pits on google earth and in the car, but I’m not sure which ones if any are legal. My 9 year old just started riding this Christmas, so ideally I’d like to ride somewhere legal or low-risk. If riding without him the level of risk wouldn’t be as important. If anybody in the area wants to meet up let me know!

There are no "legal" free ride places in NJ, some forest access with plated/insured bikes but that is limited and you are not allowed into firecuts or single track unless there is a sanctioned race event.  Some townships have high fines and possible bike impoundment if you are caught riding or your vehicle is parked in an area where you are not supposed to be.

Plenty of sanctioned offroad events for kids - check out ECEA for full calendar.

There are no "legal" free ride places in NJ, some forest access with plated/insured bikes but that is limited and you are not allowed into firecuts or single track unless there is a sanctioned race event.  Some townships have high fines and possible bike impoundment if you are caught riding or your vehicle is parked in an area where you are not supposed to be.
Plenty of sanctioned offroad events for kids - check out ECEA for full calendar.

Leave it to NJ to kill all the fun. I’ll check out the events, thank you. It’d be nice to have somewhere to ride without being limited to specific events. Guess I’ll start looking out of state.

Check out the ecea and their many enduro clubs. You are local to a big one.

• Like 1

On January 8, 2019 at 12:00 PM, HFTDan said:

I live right down the street from fod, was more looking for a free option. Thanks though.

Field of Dreams isn't a bad place for the price considering in most townships if you get caught riding illegally the fines are over $1,000 at least. Unfortunately you're about 30 years too late for free riding.

Leave it to NJ to kill all the fun. I’ll check out the events, thank you. It’d be nice to have somewhere to ride without being limited to specific events. Guess I’ll start looking out of state.

Tons of riding spots in ocean I can pm you some as a younger rider out here I don’t mind telling older people especially parents places to ride that are safe as I didn’t have that when I started and had enough run ins with cops just trying to ride
Field of Dreams isn't a bad place for the price considering in most townships if you get caught riding illegally the fines are over $1,000 at least. Unfortunately you're about 30 years too late for free riding.

We are still out here most local cops are sympathetic
  • Like 1

Thanks man I appreciate it...if you wanna PM me it’d be much appreciated.

3 hours ago, brando brap@youtube.com said:

Tons of riding spots in ocean I can pm you some as a younger rider out here I don’t mind telling older people especially parents places to ride that are safe as I didn’t have that when I started and had enough run ins with cops just trying to ride

Good to keep it private. Don't want the environmentalists to know about it.

Any old timers will remember the good old days like 100ft Hill and all the free riding in SJ. Jack Boot Police State now and the land of McMansions. May as well be a 1%er riding a dirt bike, wait... it is more of a crime to do that than it is to be 1%er wannabe or real deal. Sorry for the digression... FoD does sound pretty good though.

Edited by Pesh Merga