Which EZ Pull Clutch lever for KIDS hands?

I see multiple makes and model of clutch levers with 3 positions advertising 30% reductions in pull - but need one shaped to be closer to handle bar.

My 8 year old has small hands and can't pull the stock XR80 clutch even with a brand new clutch cable. (Yes, I know lengthening the the arm down at clutch is probably the best approach in the long run - no welding here). I want to make sure I get a multi position clutch lever that is closer to the handle bars than some models?

wondering in the Outlaw Racing models advertised for small framed bikes kx60 etc., might be smaller:

https://www.amazon.com/Outlaw-Racing-Position-Clutch-Kawasaki/dp/B0083UID8U/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1546725840&sr=8-4-fkmr0&keywords=outlaw+racing+ez+opull

As a suggestion take the lever out of the perch and put it in a vice, put a pipe over the exposed end and gently bend it so it will be closer to the bar. Repeat if needed.

Edited by filterx
  • Helpful 1

Any mod that will make it easier to pull will need more lever travel.  Putting the lever farther away  or hitting the grip too soon.  Did you try just adjusting the free play real loose to get the lever closer? and test to see if it allows enough disengagement?  

Not cheap, but Righteous Stunt Levers are awesome. I put one on my son’s TTR125 and it made use of the clutch much easier for him. It does have adjustable reach. Might be cheaper alternatives using a similar design.