2003 KLX 110: is this a good buy?

Yes, definitely. They are pretty reliable and hold value well, even the older ones. If it is in good shape and runs well then that’s a great price. You should have no will easily selling it a few years from now and maybe even making a little $ on it.

My son was on his for the fourth time for 4-5hrs today as we rode a ton and I worked with teaching him the basics of dirt/trail riding.

Yes, definitely. They are pretty reliable and hold value well, even the older ones. If it is in good shape and runs well then that’s a great price. You should have no will easily selling it a few years from now and maybe even making a little $ on it.

My son was on his for the fourth time for 4-5hrs today as we rode a ton and I worked with teaching him the basics of dirt/trail riding.
I see there is a huge aftermarket for these little bikes. I messaged the guy and said if he is willing to meet me half way ill give him his full asking price. He's about 3hrs SW of me. Let's see if we can make a deal.

Wow those front forks compressed a good bit on that cinch down! I throw straps more around the center/frame when I haul it in my truck next to my Beta so I don’t risk blowing out a seal.

Hope you enjoy it! I’m going to get around to installing a $70 “over the top” brake pedal on my son’s soon, probably some cheap wide pegs, it already has a cradle mount in place as well as a few other items. One of the first things I did was clean the carb and replace the jets with a simple Tusk Cold Start jet kit, runs really good now as it came with an FMF pipe but had never been rejetted. I probably could have custom ordered better jets but that kit was simple enough and I knew it would be an improvement over stock through most of the throttle range. There is a video on YouTube of a little girl showing this carb jet procedure without even taking the carb off, I just followed along and did it the same way.
IMG_5426.JPG

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to 2003 KLX 110: is this a good buy?

Yeah. Wanted to make sure it didn't go anywhere. Lol

I already ordered a folding shifter for it. The over the top rear brake lever will also be on the list of upgrades.

I may use some of my over time money on this coming paycheck to order a new exhaust system. The factory one the head pipe is pretty beat up. Plus they are super restrictive I've seen. I see TboltUSA has both the fmf powercore 4 setup, and a off brand piranha exhaust system.

Well I just ran the vin# and discovered this bike is actually a 2002. I know that was the first year of the bike and the motor is a one year only model. Does this make the bike less valuable?

02 i believe have some crabk problems and output shaft problems, 02-08 have output shaft problems