Jump to content
slowgs2001

Anderson! What A Fluke!

Recommended Posts

Just now, redrider144 said:

To your point, I don't think we see many 450s in hard enduros.  A lot of two strokes and 250Fs.

350 exc-f \ xcf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hammy-56 said:

350 exc-f \ xcf

I'm thinking of guys like Graham Jarvis...last year he was either on a two stroke or a 250F from what I recall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

I'm thinking of guys like Graham Jarvis...last year he was either on a two stroke or a 250F from what I recall.

Yes i remember the same.. I can't think of anyone who uses a 450 in Endurocross or extreme enduro, definitely not the right tool for that.. its more of a Rally/ Quad trail bike.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

I'm thinking of guys like Graham Jarvis...last year he was either on a two stroke or a 250F from what I recall.

Mostly the 2t. But he did ride the 250excf a few times. 

I was thinking about Taddy, Webb, etc. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

especially when they "think" the bigger bike is an advantage.   fact is most people are faster on smaller bikes,  and a 450 is way overkill for muddy technical riding

How do you know what people think? You make foolish assumptions. Look you are the guy who likes your xr100 no shame there. Nobody thinks they have an advantage and most of the discussion is about riding slower. You do little riding in mud more assumptions. I have been riding dirtbikes since the 70s and I have a pretty good idea of what I like and my capabilities are. Claim your "facts" somewhere else.

Edited by Chaconne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chaconne said:

How do you know what people think? You make foolish assumptions. Look you are the guy who likes your xr100 no shame there. Nobody thinks they have an advantage and most of the discussion is about riding slower. You do little riding in mud more assumptions. I have been riding dirtbikes since the 70s and I have a pretty good idea of what I like and my capabilities are. Claim your "facts" somewhere else.

That's a testament to your skill, that you're able to successfully ride a bike that weighs twice as much as you do.

But I do believe that Squidward aka @KTMRider4Life is correct that a lighter bike, especially something like a 17+ KTM 300 would be that much more enjoyable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chaconne said:

How do you know what people think? You make foolish assumptions. Look you are the guy who likes your xr100 no shame there. Nobody thinks they have an advantage and most of the discussion is about riding slower. You do little riding in mud more assumptions. I have been riding dirtbikes since the 70s and I have a pretty good idea of what I like and my capabilities are. Claim your "facts" somewhere else.

Let's get a few things straight here.

 

1. Do you think overall 450's are advantageous over most other bikes for sloppy muddy technical riding?

2. Do you think the  weight and strength of the rider (those are somewhat related) matter as to what size bike is best for them?  I'm assuming you're willing to admit a 250f has less trouble hauling around a 130lb 45y.o. male than it does a 260lb person of any age.  

3. is it really an assumption that its harder to stop a wr450 downhill in the mud than any KTM dirt bike especially a 200, 250, 300 or even 450? 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jetfuel said:

Yes i remember the same.. I can't think of anyone who uses a 450 in Endurocross or extreme enduro, definitely not the right tool for that.. its more of a Rally/ Quad trail bike.  

I never raced off road stuff, so I don't know how I'd feel racing a fat 450.  But, for playing around on single track stuff, trail riding and hill climbs, the 450's are so easy to ride.  I'm not a smaller guy (certainly not big at 6', but usually around 200), so don't mind a little bit more weight but do love the torque for pulling up stuff without having to dance on the shifter.

But, if I raced, I'm sure it would tire me out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jcm3 said:

I never raced off road stuff, so I don't know how I'd feel racing a fat 450.  But, for playing around on single track stuff, trail riding and hill climbs, the 450's are so easy to ride.  I'm not a smaller guy (certainly not big at 6', but usually around 200), so don't mind a little bit more weight but do love the torque for pulling up stuff without having to dance on the shifter.

But, if I raced, I'm sure it would tire me out.

I agree . Good fat play bike for more flowy single track or hills and they make a good dual sport . But for the truly tight gnarly stuff and also used for racing a 250/300 350 Is going to make your life much easier just from the weight loss.  But depends on the brand too as Orange/ white and other euro 450’s are still pretty light where as the Asian off roaders are real porkers 🐖

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×