Webb, the ride Mango wants to talk about

I think Web was willing to crash just to not have a crappy result AGAIN.  He looked so fired up he seemed possessed.  It's awesome that we had some dark horses do so well in Stewart, Webb, Plessinger, and especially Dean Wilson.  That was fun to see.  Let's hope we get this kind of mix all season!  Cool to see Barcia win again.  That doesn't happen often.  Reed had a respectable race as well.  Roczen looked good too.  I think Anderson was straight scared to hit those doubles and that did him in more than anything.  He looked scared out there.  Maybe the bike setup was way off or something.  I guess there is also a rumor about a wrist issue and that could explain his tentative riding.

Webb is still young and it's possible he improves. Marvin on the other hand, might be timing out. The best of Marvin might be in the history books. Webb - just like Roczen did, and Tomac too - needs to figure out how to be fast and not crash. Didn't we call Tomac "crashmac" or something like that? I think he was called this as little as one year ago. You either figure out how to go fast and not crash, or you time out from too many years of recovering from injury. I think this was Trey Canard's story.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hendricus said:

Webb is still young and it's possible he improves. Marvin on the other hand, might be timing out. The best of Marvin might be in the history books. Webb - just like Roczen did, and Tomac too - needs to figure out how to be fast and not crash. Didn't we call Tomac "crashmac" or something like that? I think he was called this as little as one year ago. You either figure out how to go fast and not crash, or you time out from too many years of recovering from injury. I think this was Trey Canard's story.

Hendricus is back.....and he's hitting the sauce!

Edited by Mongo134
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hendricus said:

I think you nailed it.  I still feel that Webb will improve if he can check his attitude at the door and follow the program.  Musquin only has so much time left.  To his credit though, he did finish as runner up in both series so he's not quite dead yet, but it would not surprise me if Webb becomes the top dog on that team this year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

I think you nailed it.  I still feel that Webb will improve if he can check his attitude at the door and follow the program.  Musquin only has so much time left.  To his credit though, he did finish as runner up in both series so he's not quite dead yet, but it would not surprise me if Webb becomes the top dog on that team this year.

?

It's early, but so far he seems to still be who we thought he was.  Have always been a Webb fan even though he makes that tough some times.  Something has got to change this year, but this is a deep, deep field now and we don't even have Peick or Osborne in the mix yet.  This is a guy that really needs good starts.

• Helpful 1