supercross Webb, the ride Mango wants to talk about

The worse the track got the better Webb did.  Sadly I suspect the ride was more of a niche skill

rather than a new Webb.  Cooper knows mud and appears he did not have to deviate his speed as most of the others did.

KTM helped him I am sure as at times as he was flinging it . Was the Yamaha just not flickable like the KTM? In any event

mud helped him as it did Justin and Aaron and most likely Chad.  

Next week if he duplicates I will be surprised 

• Like 1

Web was hangin it out. He better slow that roll just a bit if he wants to make it through the season

• Like 4

interesting. well cant say for sure but it looked to me like he was on the edge too much. Got away with it this time

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, lowmass said:

interesting. well cant say for sure but it looked to me like he was on the edge too much. Got away with it this time

I’m thinking the same thing! You can only write that check a couple of times before it becomes due.

3 hours ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

The worse the track got the better Webb did.  Sadly I suspect the ride was more of a niche skill

rather than a new Webb.  Cooper knows mud and appears he did not have to deviate his speed as most of the others did.

KTM helped him I am sure as at times as he was flinging it . Was the Yamaha just not flickable like the KTM? In any event

mud helped him as it did Justin and Aaron and most likely Chad.  

Next week if he duplicates I will be surprised 

I think we will be seeing more of him..  felt that way before the start.. 

after the bears game I will finally get to  watch A1

4 hours ago, lowmass said:

He was on the edge. In that double section most of field stopped jumping he was doing it until the end. And landing with the rear tire down way before the front... Barely making it.

5 hours ago, jetfuel said:

Webb put down the fastest lap of the night BTW .. the only one to do a 1:02  

True. Another thing to note was the last lap. Only person within 3 seconds of tomac was webb. Barcia and roczen were bleeding 5 seconds a lap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mongo134 said:

Well, he is the premier racer under the KTM canopy, at least for this week. 

We'll see.  I think Muskrat is a much better SX rider than Webb.  But the KTM is light, closer to Webb's YZ 250F. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

well the conditions were tricky and next race will likely be much different. looking forward to seeing whos who when its dry

Web was exciting to watch and I honestly hope he can ride like that and last the season, it will be fun to watch him stir the pot

In the end however I suspect ET will be on top, IF he can stay clean. Seemed to me he was riding carful and still at pace.

Edited by lowmass
  • Like 5

Webb always showed some fast even on Blue. It is the crashes that will get him and last night he crashed and had a nice recovery. But fact is he still crashed. Fast guys fighting back when it is not a mudfest will bring different ending. There will be few nights when Webb is leaving Anderson like he is standing still way back in 14th place IMHO.

That last lap when he did both those big doubles he was full on sending it, was cool to watch, luckily it worked out and I think he made a pass or two there the last lap.

I think he'll be better this year on the KTM, maybe the return of 250 Webb?  I hope so, the 450 class seems stacked this year, hope nobody gets injured and it's an outright brawl all season.

• Like 3

I want to see the entire race from his gopro.  Last to 5th?  Why is that not all over the KTM website, youtube, etc.  BOUND to be an awesome video.  I only assume he runs a gopro I don't know that.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Slick-101 said:

I want to see the entire race from his gopro.  Last to 5th?  Why is that not all over the KTM website, youtube, etc.  BOUND to be an awesome video.  I only assume he runs a gopro I don't know that.

Yeah, I'm surprised KTM isn't playing up his last to 5th.  Maybe there is something behind their thinking.  He did not wear a GoPro but I can't tell if that is mud on top of his helmet or a mount. but no camera.  Photo by Cudby.

CUD_9153-960x640.jpg

Edited by yzernie
  • Like 1