Why spend $150 on Truck buddy when we had everything in the scrap pile . Just gotta clean it up and shoot it with bed liner . IMG_0700.JPG

• Like 6

Fine job! What do the commercial ones sell for?

Thanks ! They are $150 for the Truck buddy brand .

Fine job! What do the commercial ones sell for?

IMG_2901.JPG
I copied this just made some changes for what I had laying around.
  • Like 1

That’s $150 I can spend on the silencer / spark arrestor I need . I think the Turbine Core 2 is what I’m getting.

• Like 1

did one similar, but probably overbuilt is by a long shot.  Bolted to the rail with 1" angle iron bracing on the back side (both under the lip and behind the vertical area).. I have no sense of what 'enough'. 

What's the main 'member'?  The commercial item use what appears to be box section tubing, you're looks like flat bar stock or is it angle/braced under the railing somehow?

I'm currently using something similar, but it bolts to the bottom of my cross bed toolbox and ties into the front tie down bed points with turnbuckles so the toolbox doesn't end up as a stressed member..

did one similar, but probably overbuilt is by a long shot.  Bolted to the rail with 1" angle iron bracing on the back side (both under the lip and behind the vertical area).. I have no sense of what 'enough'. 
What's the main 'member'?  The commercial item use what appears to be box section tubing, you're looks like flat bar stock or is it angle/braced under the railing somehow?
I'm currently using something similar, but it bolts to the bottom of my cross bed toolbox and ties into the front tie down bed points with turnbuckles so the toolbox doesn't end up as a stressed member..

IMG_2896.JPG
You are correct I used 1/4 inch plate . I’ve also been guilty of overbuilding things so I know what you mean. Once this was bolted in 3 spots it’s solid !

15 minutes ago, Yzfireguy15 said:

You are correct I used 1/4 inch plate . I’ve also been guilty of overbuilding things so I know what you mean. Once this was bolted in 3 spots it’s solid !

1/4" plate....yeah, that should work fine ;-).  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, braindead0 said:

1/4" plate....yeah, that should work fine ;-).  

or rip the front of the bed off ...... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1