2019 CRF 250 RX BIG BORE KITS?

We are still working out importing and pricing details. Check back to my site, checkpointoff-road.com toward the end of February. My partner Steve Swenson spent last week at Red Moto gathering more info. The 300 kits are 10 days to 2 weeks out from Italy...

As far as riding it, it feels like a 300, more bottom, torque but does seem to rev freely and make good power high in the curve. Very nice, versatile power. We tried two maps they provided where maybe a 1/3 of the data was in the red/warning zone using the HRC tool. 

The water jacket on all sides of the new cylinder is visibly much larger than the stocker. We will also be offering an impeller and a fan kit, with an inline thermostat which will also include stainless radiator braces.

I dig the two mufflers! Centralize and balance the mass! The huge mufflers that are required on 4-strokes is like riding with a 6 pound weight strapped on one shoulder...:) Id rather have the weight dispersed evenly, thousands upon thousands of corners in a enduro it has to have an effect...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mstav said:

We are still working out importing and pricing details. Check back to my site, checkpointoff-road.com toward the end of February. My partner Steve Swenson spent last week at Red Moto gathering more info. The 300 kits are 10 days to 2 weeks out from Italy...

As far as riding it, it feels like a 300, more bottom, torque but does seem to rev freely and make good power high in the curve. Very nice, versatile power. We tried two maps they provided where maybe a 1/3 of the data was in the red/warning zone using the HRC tool. 

The water jacket on all sides of the new cylinder is visibly much larger than the stocker. We will also be offering an impeller and a fan kit, with an inline thermostat which will also include stainless radiator braces.

I dig the two mufflers! Centralize and balance the mass! The huge mufflers that are required on 4-strokes is like riding with a 6 pound weight strapped on one shoulder...:) Id rather have the weight dispersed evenly, thousands upon thousands of corners in a enduro it has to have an effect...

How about the susp?

2 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

How about the susp?

IMO the suspension will be on par with the Yamaha Kayaba SSS forks and the shock with a little work will be magic.

I am praying the 300 kit from checkpoint offroad\redmoto Italy will be not tooo expensive. The Sherco 300 SEF factory edition is a very set up bike but not cheap. 

https://shercooffroad.com/motorcycles/2019-sherco-factory/2019-sherco-300-sef-factory/

10 minutes ago, smv ryder said:

IMO the suspension will be on par with the Yamaha Kayaba SSS forks and the shock with a little work will be magic.

I am praying the 300 kit from checkpoint offroad\redmoto Italy will be not tooo expensive. The Sherco 300 SEF factory edition is a very set up bike but not cheap. 

https://shercooffroad.com/motorcycles/2019-sherco-factory/2019-sherco-300-sef-factory/

My quote was 11,300 for the factory edition,, ouch

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, john r b said:

My quote was 11,300 for the factory edition,, ouch

Just got off the phone with Clay... He told me the same info,  but the saving grace is you don’t need to buy a thing but springs for your weight, the bike so set up. For a guy like me who over does every bike build it may actually save money.. ??

Just now, smv ryder said:

Just got off the phone with Clay... He told me the same info,  but the saving grace is you don’t need to buy a thing but springs for your weight, the bike so set up. For a guy like me who over does every bike build it may actually save money.. ??

Way ahead of you on that front.. By the time you add everything up for the honda. You could have a Brand new Sherco Factory Edition uncrate and drool.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, john r b said:

Way ahead of you on that front.. By the time you add everything up for the honda. You could have a Brand new Sherco Factory Edition uncrate and drool.

6 speed as well for the Sherco.. 

Sorry OP for getting off topic. If the checkpoint racing 300 kit is not too expensive I am still interested for sure, we are just throwing out a comparable bikes to the 300RX

I am the OP.  So lets break this down

2019 RX  $7600

BB kit $1000 (guessing)

Hyd clutch $300

Exhaust $1400

Headlight $500

Puts it at $10,800   Plus protection/guards  (Short list)

Sherco $11,300  Plus protection/guards

• Like 1

13 hours ago, john r b said:

I am the OP.  So lets break this down

2019 RX  $7600

BB kit $1000 (guessing)

Hyd clutch $300

Exhaust $1400

Headlight $500

Puts it at $10,800   Plus protection/guards  (Short list)

Sherco $11,300  Plus protection/guards

7600 would be a good price, 8300 here(list) plus stuff, lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, my starter failed in test 4. It was my 5th day on the bike and it hadn’t had any issues. Stalled and it only clicked. I tore down the top end for my own satisfaction and everything (cams, piston, decompression) is perfect and it also didn’t lose any coolant. I haven’t started trouble shooting the start system yet.

I’ve been hearing about some isolated starter issues on 18 250R’s. Bummed because I did chase a starter problem on a 150xcw last summer...

I really dig the 300 as I had a chance to ride a stocker to compare. Much easier for me to ride, tons of bottom end, I don’t like to have to ride high in the rpm’s. 

Realistically I won’t have RedMoto products ready to sell till maybe May. Quality products and they’ve lots of hours into testing...And the 300 had nothing to do with my dnf. 

Nick Swenson finished 24th OA on our 400RX after not riding since October!