CRF450R stock exhaust valves question

I am replacing my valves on a 2003 CRF450R and I apologise if this is an obvious answer, I searched for the answer but couldn't find it.  Are only the intakes titanium and the original exhaust valves are stainless?? I noticed a lot of the kits offered by like KW only include the intakes side. 

If they are SS on the exhaust side. Could I just do the kibblewhite or some other SS intake valve (and associated springs), and then buy just replacement OEM exhaust valves and springs? Or do I even need to find aftermarket exhaust valves that are SS?

Thanks in advance!

I believe only the intake side are titanium and the exhaust are coated SS.  I went with kibblewhite SS all the way around on my '04 and have no regrets. 

2 hours ago, Augoose said:

I believe only the intake side are titanium and the exhaust are coated SS.  I went with kibblewhite SS all the way around on my '04 and have no regrets. 

Thanks for the replys all!

Where did you buy them from? Or what type of kit did you buy? I'm having trouble finding a full kit; springs, valves, etc.  I guess I can piece it together but would rather just outright buy it.  I'm going to do all SS in the bike.

Posted (edited)

Kibblewhite Black Diamond valves from bpracingatv online, $125 with gaskets for all 4 valves. The Thumpertalk store also has valves - https://thumpertalk.com/shop/Valve-Train-c3684/

There is quite a bit of mixed consensus on whether you can use OEM springs with new SS valves. For my application, I decided to do it and I have no regrets. I'm not racing and instead just wanted a bike to have fun with on a budget.

Edited by Augoose

On 1/8/2019 at 2:49 PM, Augoose said:

Kibblewhite Black Diamond valves from bpracingatv online, $125 with gaskets for all 4 valves. The Thumpertalk store also has valves - https://thumpertalk.com/shop/Valve-Train-c3684/

There is quite a bit of mixed consensus on whether you can use OEM springs with new SS valves. For my application, I decided to do it and I have no regrets. I'm not racing and instead just wanted a bike to have fun with on a budget.

Gotcha, I would think you need a stronger spring. In my opinion a heavier mass valve moving needs a stronger spring, but if you haven't had issues I guess it's OK. I found a full kit for $260, springs, valves and collars.  

The added weight is one of the topics of the attached thread above. Several authors suggest that the stock springs are capable of handling the additional weight.

Of course just because I'm not having any problems doesn't mean using stock springs is ok...just sharing my experience and what I found in researching the same topic. 

$260 for a full kit sounds pretty good too. Good luck!

Seat o pants noticeable difference in how they rev between heavy valve/spring,  vs a ti setup.  If your getting good life from the stock parts I'd keep rebuilding oem.  ymmv