redrider144

supercross KTM circling the drain - 2019 edition

Posted (edited)

A pig Yamaha 450 wins?

A guy with 2 bad arms takes 2nd?

Tomac comes from 16th to 3rd?

The defending SX champ on HSQ drops from 3rd to 14th?

Muskrat - factory KTM's top rider gets 8th?

Is there something wrong with the 2019 orange and white bikes?

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 8
  • Helpful 3
  • Haha 3

OR ......if you believe the Announcers That Privateer Kid :rolleyes: on a White bike led the First 15 Laps and a Midget on a Orange Bike went from last to 5th. :smirk:

• Like 11

I doubt that it's the bike......I think the rain got to them. Next week we'll find out as the conditions will be the total opposite. time will tell.....look for Marvin in top 4 or 5 with Anderson right behind him.

• Like 1

A pig Yamaha 450 wins?
A guy with 2 bad arms takes 2nd?
Tomac comes from 16th to 3rd?
The defending SX champ on HSQ drops from 3rd to 14th?
Muskrat - factory KTM's top rider gets 8th?
Is there something wrong with the 2019 orange and white bikes?
Yep, the bikes are junk. We knew there would come a day when the staunch yamaha supporters could look at the likes of mog and squid and tell them what a pile of horse crap those bikes are....its now. Doesnt seem plessinger needs any help with setup.... barcia barcia barcia (think brady bunch) and lets not forget about ferrandis. Yamahas day has come and that orange koolaid done smeared all over
  • Like 6

24 minutes ago, Budlite said:

I doubt that it's the bike......I think the rain got to them. Next week we'll find out as the conditions will be the total opposite. time will tell.....look for Marvin in top 4 or 5 with Anderson right behind him.

I guess we'll see if anderson is just that bad in mud. But my god that ride was awful at a1

12 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

I guess we'll see if anderson is just that bad in mud. But my god that ride was awful at a1

yep he was AWFUL

Ricky wasnt impressed with how anderson was speaking of himself. Lacked any aggression or self worth even, very doubtful of himself. Hope he wakes up and owns it one day really soon.

1 hour ago, jetfuel said:

OR ......if you believe the Announcers That Privateer Kid :rolleyes: on a White bike led the First 15 Laps and a Midget on a Orange Bike went from last to 5th. :smirk:

Ya but Jetty that Privateer Kid was racing Malcolm and was near getting beat.:ride:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zinergy said:

I think it was just the mud, he's not comfortable in it.  He got a 19th and a DNS at the last national last year and that track made Anaheim look like a desert. 

• Like 3

Well Yamaha have for 6 years , so I guess it's only fair to take a turn

I don't think a white or orange bike will win the title this year, mm and Anderson injured and the others are riding too well

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, mog said:

I don't think a white or orange bike will win the title this year, mm and Anderson injured and the others are riding too well

The field seems deep this year.  I was a bit surprised to see Tomac and Webb come through the pack like that....but it was wet.

• Like 2

I think a Yamaha was a disadvantage before ,but in 18 they sorted it so it's much more even now ,maybe an advantage in the right hands

They use a ktm master cylinder on the clutch of barcia bike btw

And people who say weight doesn't matter ,the factory bikes are covered in carbon and titanium,because it just doesn't make any difference lol

I bet the factory yzf and CRF are still heavier than a STD sxf

Pingee said the factory ktm was the most STD looking , those that can add.... know

• Like 4

Mm and anderson injured? Damn man, you pull injuries out like a credit card.
  • Like 2

I think a Yamaha was a disadvantage before ,but in 18 they sorted it so it's much more even now ,maybe an advantage in the right hands

They use a ktm master cylinder on the clutch of barcia bike btw

And people who say weight doesn't matter ,the factory bikes are covered in carbon and titanium,because it just doesn't make any difference lol

I bet the factory yzf and CRF are still heavier than a STD sxf

Pingee said the factory ktm was the most STD looking , those that can add.... know
Lets just remember plessinger won a title using that same flawed frame everyone was speaking bad about. So did webb....as a matter of fact the very frame he couldnt get along with on a 450 was THE frame that made him worth even talking about today....
  • Like 2

I never once said it didn't work on the 250 lol

It took 8 years to get it to work on the 450 !

Anderson was not injured as such but took a hit whilst training , him and mm ( who had surgery on knee) both missed 2 weeks riding ,this was bowman's words from memory

• Like 2