KTM circling the drain - 2019 edition

6 hours ago, redrider144 said:

The field seems deep this year.  I was a bit surprised to see Tomac and Webb come through the pack like that....but it was wet.

You were surprised to see tomac come through the pack? That's pretty much his M.O..

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 3

If Anderson isn't injured, got major arm pump or had a bike issue, that was the choke of the last few seasons.  He was up front off of the gate, passed Barcia in the first lap, then pulled a big fade.  I'm guessing a bike issue of some kind.  A bad race would have been a 7th or 8th, not a 14th.  Something's up.

If it isn't an injury, I'd expect him on the podium in Phoenix.

I still don't think that anyone can beat Tomac right now, so unless he pulls a Tomac he'll win this thing but Roczen will keep him honest if he stays in it.  Barcia will have some good rides too, but unless 3 or 94 have a few bad races, I can see him 3rd or worse.

I'm kind of pulling for Webb, I liked him in the 250's but he hasn't really performed at a level that was expected of him yet, so this could be his best year if he doesn't go out on injury yet again.

• Like 3

Nope has nothing to do with the bike. everything to do with the riders and the condition of the track. It was a mudder and the mudders won. Barcia , AP and Roczen are all strong mud riders. We will see a different show this weekend. Look at Webb and how he came from the back to finish top 5. (he rides a KTM). All in all too early to tell. We will see. Tomac in my opinion has it to lose this year (I can't stand him). There will be more huskies and KTM in the top five then any other manufacturer. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, redrider144 said:

A pig Yamaha 450 wins?

A guy with 2 bad arms takes 2nd?

Tomac comes from 16th to 3rd?

The defending SX champ on HSQ drops from 3rd to 14th?

Muskrat - factory KTM's top rider gets 8th?

Is there something wrong with the 2019 orange and white bikes?

Considering the circumstances,and the fact of being the FIRST of the year I would say it will change.Not everybody is a extream mud rider.

• Like 1

I think a Yamaha was a disadvantage before ,but in 18 they sorted it so it's much more even now ,maybe an advantage in the right hands

They use a ktm master cylinder on the clutch of barcia bike btw

And people who say weight doesn't matter ,the factory bikes are covered in carbon and titanium,because it just doesn't make any difference lol

I bet the factory yzf and CRF are still heavier than a STD sxf

Pingee said the factory ktm was the most STD looking , those that can add.... know

They use Magura, not KTM.

12 hours ago, mog said:

I think a Yamaha was a disadvantage before ,but in 18 they sorted it so it's much more even now ,maybe an advantage in the right hands

And people who say weight doesn't matter ,the factory bikes are covered in carbon and titanium,because it just doesn't make any difference lol

Pingee said the factory ktm was the most STD looking , those that can add.... know

Yep.

For those who say weight doesn't matter, I wonder how many of them are wanting to take lightweight pieces off their bikes and replace them with cast iron ones? How come I don't see those on there stock or offered by the aftermarket? You know they'd have to be cheaper, right? It sure would help bring the cost of a new bike down, which would help with sales.

Silly manufacturers, once again offering the wrong product. The people don't care what it weighs because it apparently doesn't matter.

:cheers:

22 hours ago, redrider144 said:

Isn't it obvious?

The answer is - YES.

The throttle was stuck on Cooper's and the brakes were stuck on the rest of them. Probably due to the mud- they weren't prepared since it never rains in Southern California - so I expect that to not be an issue going forward.

:cheers:

• Like 4

23 hours ago, redrider144 said:

A pig Yamaha 450 wins?

A guy with 2 bad arms takes 2nd?

Tomac comes from 16th to 3rd?

The defending SX champ on HSQ drops from 3rd to 14th?

Muskrat - factory KTM's top rider gets 8th?

Like I said man, Red is back! Kick the door in and drop the bait!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mog said:

A KTM or Brembo clutch master?

Tried to sneak one in there did you Mog?

1 hour ago, jz125 said:

A KTM or Brembo clutch master?

Tried to sneak one in there did you Mog?

Nothing sneaky about it. Mogs religion is ktm... That means ktm is God... That means ktm created life and everything life created stems from ktm.... Including brembo master cylinders.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1