KTM circling the drain - 2019 edition

1 hour ago, mog said:

Your nothing but amusing lol , bet you have never left USA ?

I have but only to the north and south aka Canada and Mexico. I would love to go to Europe and plan to some day. So many countries so close together would love to hit as many as possible without rushing the experience.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 1

Thinking about freedom of speech that never-ending flow of robot-like uniform podium interviews by US riders comes to mind. They spend half the interview mechanically reciting a list of respective sponsors, catering to the illiterate portion of their squirrel-hunting fanbase, who follow the races sitting on their bikes in front of the TV inside their trailer home's living room. And then there's the mandatory acknowledgement of Jesus, their Lord and Savior.

As if omitting one of the above mentioned entities would result in some sort of corporate (≠ "corporal") or divine punishment.

Cooter Webb probably still thinks that his mom's postman-induced laryngitis and the consequently skipped Sunday prayer are responsible for making him into a runt.

Besides, it's funny that someone from Arizona, with impoverished shitholes like Nogales, Tucson, Mesa and Phoenix south of Buckeye and Broadway, makes fun of London. An acre of prime real estate near stinkin' Tempe Town Lake would barely buy a dog house in most European cities.

Edited by Herlings' Bitch
clarification
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Budlite said:

how long before GB is an Islamic country......London already has a Muslim mayor

Speaking of London I was reading an article about London just the other day. It was the most recorded city in the world until Beijing took the title a couple years ago. The average person in London is video recorded 300 times a day with 500k cameras in London alone. The UK as a country has 20% of the worlds CCTV cameras video taping 1% of the worlds population. So remember when in the UK... smile... someone's probably watching.

Chicago is the US most watching city with something like 32k cameras.

Edited by Zinergy

You know far more than me ,I hate London ,I like Paris and Amsterdam

I know when I was in the USA and as a grown man I avoided lots of people by stepping onto the road ,a cop jumped out and almost shouted at me , I almost laughed but saw his gun and thought better of it ,we have nothing like that here

In reality I believe we all think we're free ,none are

We are slaves to work ,to advertising ,to money etc etc

The thing I think USA gets wrong ( not the only ones ) is this idea of working longer and longer hours ,less and less holiday

I don't have the answer ,I am not that arrogant ,but working like slaves for longer till you retire ( we now retire at 67 from 65 ) doesn't sound a great thing for a nation

• Like 2

Everybody seems to like Amsterdam.

Some cops are power trippers for sure. I once had a cop ask me if he could search my car and I told him no and he said "that seems suspicious". I kindly reminded him that the supreme court has ruled on multiple occasions that it is "never cause for suspicion to enact ones rights". I don't think he appreciated my response judging by the look on his face but he gave me a no front license plate ticket and sent me on my way.

I also hate the questions "Where are you coming from" and "Where are you going". In my head I'm usually thinking "Where ever I damn well please" but usually I'm just going to and from work so I say work or home.

Then again I have also met quite a few cool cops too. 2 even helped us mess with a friend at a party we were throwing that someone called the cops on for a noise complaint.

I was pretty free until I had kids. Now I too am a slave to money and society.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 3

Amsterdam isn't Amsterdam anymore. It's infested with tourists and snowflakes from everywhere except Amsterdam people itself now. Berlin seems the place to be now. Personally I would like to go to Prague and Budapest. I've been recently to Porto in Portugal, that was really nice.

Edited by deanevo
  • Like 1

Amsterdam maybe way different,only been once ,the people were nice ,spoke English better than me , small enough to walk round ,cheap for a major city.

Cyclist were crazy was the only downside , felt pretty safe

We had amazing weather ,hotel near vondel park

Just wonderful

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mog said:

You know far more than me ,I hate London ,I like Paris and Amsterdam

I know when I was in the USA and as a grown man I avoided lots of people by stepping onto the road ,a cop jumped out and almost shouted at me , I almost laughed but saw his gun and thought better of it ,we have nothing like that here

In reality I believe we all think we're free ,none are

We are slaves to work ,to advertising ,to money etc etc

The thing I think USA gets wrong ( not the only ones ) is this idea of working longer and longer hours ,less and less holiday

I don't have the answer ,I am not that arrogant ,but working like slaves for longer till you retire ( we now retire at 67 from 65 ) doesn't sound a great thing for a nation

looks like we agree on more and more things.....will wonders ever cease ?  I retired at age 58.  I always wanted to retire young. Work is a four letter word. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zinergy said:

I have but only to the north and south aka Canada and Mexico. I would love to go to Europe and plan to some day. So many countries so close together would love to hit as many as possible without rushing the experience.

If you ever get that far, don't get a car.  Just do this: https://www.eurail.com/en

The trains can take you almost anywhere, and it is so much less hassle than driving and this is from someone who loves to drive and averages more than 50,000 miles a year behind the wheel.  I absolutely loved going around Switzerland on rail during my days off, and for the 6 months my wife lived in London she went around most of Western Europe by train too.  We plan to go back over there and do an open stay/schedule trip of two or three weeks by rail in the next few years.

• Like 2

If you ever get that far, don't get a car.  Just do this: https://www.eurail.com/en
The trains can take you almost anywhere, and it is so much less hassle than driving and this is from someone who loves to drive and averages more than 50,000 miles a year behind the wheel.  I absolutely loved going around Switzerland on rail during my days off, and for the 6 months my wife lived in London she went around most of Western Europe by train too.  We plan to go back over there and do an open stay/schedule trip of two or three weeks by rail in the next few years.
Driving is too stressful when on holiday ,take the train or a boat