Mongo134

motocross Glen Helen MX OFF the 2019 National Schedule?

First BAHA told me via text that Glen Helen had pulled out. Then Davey Coombs backed that up in a podcast prior to A1 Supercross. Something about the owners not being happy with the contract even though (according to Coombs) it was the same contract just rolled over for renewal. Most likely they want a bigger slice of the pie I imagine. Well, how about no slice then? Curious what venue MX Sports will put in its second round slot.... Fox (aka Pala)? 

Screenshot_2019-01-08-05-34-58.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, MANIAC998 said:

God Damn f’n AMA!!!

A

M

A

About Money ALWAYS!!!

To be fair, I don't know if its over money but I can't imagine what else it could be. Also, it seams its always Glen Helen that pulls this shit, none of the others. 

I was gonna drive down to SoCal for the race following the Hangtown opener, now I think I'll fly out to the Colorado round instead.

• Like 1

I'm sure we'll read about it in MXA in the near future.....my guess is the cost of mods the AMA wants....

4 hours ago, MANIAC998 said:

God Damn f’n AMA!!!

A

M

A

About Money ALWAYS!!!

This was going around for a while months ago on another forum.  It has nothing to do with the AMA, but everything to do with MXSports and the Feldkamps.

Basically from what I understood in reading the only thing that was keeping the peace was Dan White, and with his passing, well, that is gone.

The race will be at Fox Raceway (aka Pala).

• Helpful 1

Just now, eastreich said:

This was going around for a while months ago on another forum.  It has nothing to do with the AMA, but everything to do with MXSports and the Feldkamps.

Basically from what I understood in reading the only thing that was keeping the peace was Dan White, and with his passing, well, that is gone.

Thanks Big E!

I think AMA is pretty much just the officiating crew for MX. Davey Combs runs the MX races.

Bummer about Glen Helen. It really should be on the schedule. 

51 minutes ago, eastreich said:

6 minutes ago, Kev_XR said:

I think AMA is pretty much just the officiating crew for MX. Davey Combs runs the MX races.

Bummer about Glen Helen. It really should be on the schedule. 

MX Sports for sure pulls the strings. I know first-hand lol. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arctic Pride said:

Last I heard the venues didn't get shit out of the deals maybe they just had enough.

Hang town is a state owned track and Dirtdiggers probably won't make noise, so it should be safe. Unless Gov Nuisance steps in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kev_XR said:

Hang town is a state owned track and Dirtdiggers probably won't make noise, so it should be safe. Unless Gov Nuisance steps in.

Thankfully SAC is far enough north.....for now

• Like 1

Maybe it all goes back to when MX Sports was formed. The promoters were trying to work together and Davey Coombs pulled a underhanded backroom deal behind their backs.

• Like 1

Surprised to see the WW Ranch on the schedule. I road there a few years ago, doesn't seem like a national track. It is sandy base track but most of the elevation was man-made. It was a good track and owner was nice.

From what I’ve heard on the pulp show it’s been glen helen that’s been the problem and they want to run everything themselves like for example I think he said they were emphasizing their sponsors more than they should have over the pro moto sponsors.

It would never happen buuttt, I would love to see it at Cahuilla Creek.

• Like 2

I don't know anything about GH being removed from the schedule but I've had first hand dealings with Bud Feldkamp when I promoted some races there.  The GH staff is pretty nice but he is not that easy to work with.  He wants the money from the events there but he doesn't want to budge a bit with track prep, portable shitters or anything else.  I had to grease the track prep people $400 under the table to make the track rideable because ole BF told the crew to just drag it and 5 minutes into practice the track was already hammered. 

All that said, one of the biggest complaints with the place is one way in and one way out.  Sitting in line for two hours to go two miles to the freeway and other escape routes just sucks.  There really isn't much of an option because the Sheriff's training facility is on the south and west sides of the place, a county park to the north and a nasty riverbed to the east.  They used to let people go north through the canyon to the county park but because people were throwing trash all over, stopping to take a leak in front of Mrs Jones and her kids, driving like drunken &%$#@!, that got put to a stop.  But even without all of that, Feldkamp is a money hungry schmuck. 

My club was supposed to race there on the 6th and 5 days beforehand GH cancelled the event because they had a bigger and more lucrative event that wanted to be there the same day.  I like the place but Feldkamp knows he has a very long lease on the property and treats people like second class folks. 

• Like 6
  • Helpful 2

14 hours ago, jay bird1138 said:

From what I’ve heard on the pulp show it’s been glen helen that’s been the problem and they want to run everything themselves like for example I think he said they were emphasizing their sponsors more than they should have over the pro moto sponsors.

Somewhat true. Basically when you host a National, you are letting the series come in and run your venue. And there is very little room for individual freedoms, sponsors (aside from your own presenting sponsor(s)). Not going to get into detail but you have the basic concept. 

• Like 4