Mongo134

motocross Glen Helen MX OFF the 2019 National Schedule?

Longer track means more tv cameras and time crunch for the tv schedual.   Also the ama has nothing to do with it.  

• Like 1

Amazes me people don’t understand there's a difference between the AMA riding Organization, AMA ProRacing, MX Sports...

Edited by TeamGreenPilot
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TeamGreenPilot said:

Amazes me people don’t understand there's a difference between the AMA riding Organization, AMA ProRacing, MX Sports...

Yes there is a difference between the AMA organization and AMA Pro racing but at the end of the day the money goes to the same people.

• Like 3

On 1/12/2019 at 5:20 PM, BBA said:

Yes there is a difference between the AMA organization and AMA Pro racing but at the end of the day the money goes to the same people.

Yeah.  It gets confusing too if you ever try to trace through the history of it.  I think MXSports tried to buy everything from AMA Pro Racing (or at least the Pro MX part) that the AMA auctioned off around 2007, but they were outbid by DMG.

https://www.vitalmx.com/features/Vital-MX-Perspective-Davey-Coombs,2884

Not sure if anything has changed since that article I linked above, but it seems like as of that article, MXSports was running AMA Pro MX on behalf of AMA Pro Racing, which is owned by DMG.  Ugh.

in reality AMA Pro Racing doesn't even exist anymore,,,,,,,smoke and mirrors and has never actually been part of the AMA that runs amateur racing....

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Budlite said:

in reality AMA Pro Racing doesn't even exist anymore,,,,,,,smoke and mirrors and has never actually been part of the AMA that runs amateur racing....

I think it does exist.  Unless MXSports bought the AMA Pro MX part, all of AMA Pro Racing is owned by DMG.

• Like 2

all the AMA Pro Sports does is provide a central location for the dispersal of information, in other words, a clerical office. Feld bought Supercross. The rules are dispersed by the AMA but, in SX, they are made by Feld which follows the FIM to a degree. An example are the use of the metal starting grates and the foot stools the shorter riders can use. The stools were illegal until recently. Don't ask me why. My son is 5'4" with short legs. He never raced a single race in his life that he could touch the ground with both feet on the starting line.

• Helpful 1

if you've ever held a AMA pro license, you know what a joke they are...no secret.

Edited by Hammy-56
  • Like 2