2019 GLENDALE SUPERCROSS

Carmichael and Shaheen are so far doing horrible this year as the main announcers.  Carmichael trips over the English language about every other comment.  Shaheen won't shut the hell up for two seconds and comments about what is happening on the screen while we are watching what is happening...for instance..."Baggett pulls up to Anderson, now Anderson pulls away slightly"....SO annoying.  Can we please have some dead air for once and just listen to the race???

The capper on the horrible announcing was on the 250 LCQ when both of them thought Lopes had won the race a whole lap before the race was over.  It was hilarious and neither one of them acknowledged their mistake. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wally63 said:

Carmichael and Shaheen are so far doing horrible this year as the main announcers.  Carmichael trips over the English language about every other comment.  Shaheen won't shut the hell up for two seconds and comments about what is happening on the screen while we are watching what is happening...for instance..."Baggett pulls up to Anderson, now Anderson pulls away slightly"....SO annoying.  Can we please have some dead air for once and just listen to the race???

The capper on the horrible announcing was on the 250 LCQ when both of them thought Lopes had won the race a whole lap before the race was over.  It was hilarious and neither one of them acknowledged their mistake. 

Need Jason Weigandt to call it. 

3 hours ago, Wally63 said:

Lopes was down at least three times yesterday, so who knows how many laps he was down? Unbelieveable but he didnt quit!

2 minutes ago, Yzfracer said:

What happened to Jeff Emig ? He was good with the role that he played??

No one has said that I have seen. He was really good at it but he had been doing it for years. I am thinking NBC just wanted a bigger name.  I would like to know what happened though.

4 minutes ago, HSV-DirtRider said:

No one has said that I have seen. He was really good at it but he had been doing it for years. I am thinking NBC just wanted a bigger name.  I would like to know what happened though.

You may get a few answers here on Thursday if you listen. 

https://racerxonline.com/2019/01/14/jeff-emig-to-appear-on-the-whiskey-throttle-show

• Like 2

They didn't bother me nearly as much as I thought they would.  I don't remember being annoyed with them, like I sometimes was in the past.  I was more annoyed at the exciting battle for 10th place while there was a pass for second going on, but I think that's outside of their control.

RC might grow on me, as he's shown a propensity for growth since retirement.  :devil:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Hammy-56 said:

Fixed that for you. 

Well...that doesn't fit the "formula" that TV has self-imposed.  In the broadcast booth, it's almost always a "play-by-play" guy (Ralph) and a "color or expert commentator" (Emig, RC, etc).

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 1

Just now, yzernie said:

You fixed it for yourself.  I don't have a problem with Carmichael in the booth. 

They could you and me in there...anyone but Shaheen. 

You and I have a better idea what’s going on than he does. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, redrider144 said:

Well...that doesn't fit the "formula" that TV has self-imposed.  It's always a "play-by-play" guy (Ralph) and a "color commentator" (Emig, RC, etc).

I know, I get it.  But the guy is killing me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yzernie said:

You fixed it for yourself.  I don't have a problem with Carmichael in the booth. 

Then you might be deaf. RC is pretty bad. 

Who knows maybe he'll show some of that "work harder than everyone else" carmichael attitude and get better.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Zinergy said:

Who knows maybe he'll show some of that "work harder than everyone else" carmichael attitude and get better.

It's all a perspective.  I'd rather have RC in there than someone just like Ralph Mouth.  I guess I don't take it as seriously as some folks do.

3 hours ago, Zinergy said:

I bet you'd fold like a cheap suit in person with the goat. "Hey Rickey you're pretty bad"  What round is near your trailer? I'll show up, we'll go find ricky cheese, and you can tell the goat how much he sucks. I'll film it.

9 hours ago, portlandcsc said:

I bet you'd fold like a cheap suit in person with the goat. "Hey Rickey you're pretty bad"  What round is near your trailer? I'll show up, we'll go find ricky cheese, and you can tell the goat how much he sucks. I'll film it.

He's not the goat of announcing.... That's for sure.

Also i think you're confusing WI with Tennessee. We don't have too many people living in trailers around here. I can see how a special needs child such as yourself could confuse the 2 though. Everything looks the same through the windows on your short bus.

• Like 1