CRF450L/RL Mods: What did you do to your 450L/RL today?

NoFiddyPilot

Hey everyone, just got my 450L home on Thursday and have gotten some miles in. Already put in some orders....

Emperor Racing Radiator Frame

Acer-bis X-Factor Hand Guards

Flatland Racing Skid Plate - Black

I plan on going to a bigger tank but that will be a few months down the line. My big questions is... Have any of you made adjustments for tall riders? I know this has been beat to death but I am curious how you have set up your bars and pegs? I am 6'4 220ish, standing on the bike is more like a crouch hahaha. Know it won't be perfect considering these bikes have been designed for shorter riders, but thinking I can definitely optimize. What are you going with?

Bars?

Mounts?

Pegs?

Tall Seat?

Thanks!

7 hours ago, PonyBoy30 said:

Hey everyone, just got my 450L home on Thursday and have gotten some miles in. Already put in some orders....

Acerbis X-Factor Hand Guards

I plan on going to a bigger tank but that will be a few months down the line. My big questions is... Have any of you made adjustments for tall riders? I know this has been beat to death but I am curious how you have set up your bars and pegs? I am 6'4 220ish, standing on the bike is more like a crouch hahaha. Know it won't be perfect considering these bikes have been designed for shorter riders, but thinking I can definitely optimize. What are you going with?

Bars?

Mounts?

Pegs?

Tall Seat?

Thanks!

6'4" long torso shorter than average legs 33" inseam. 230#

Bars?  Stock just ajusted the angle of them and the controls.

Mounts? 30mm risers. Nothing fancy. 

Pegs? Stock. 

Tall Seat? No.

J.

16 hours ago, PonyBoy30 said:

Acerbis X-Factor Hand Guards

Bars?

Mounts?

Pegs?

Tall Seat?

Thanks!

I'm 6'3 and I swapped the stock pegs for fastway 4s in the low position.  It made the bike more comfortable to ride. Something like 1/2 in back 1/2 in lower.   Also a seat concepts high comfort seat. Its alot softer than factory and about a 1/2 in taller.  Also ran bar risers for a day but removed them because they brought the bars too far back and made the reach shorter.    Stock it was uncomfortable going fro  sitting to standing.  Now it's quite a bit easier. Plus with the pegs further back my size 13 boot is easier to get under the shifter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Suspension valving changed for plush ride springs swapped for my lightweight by SRS suspension, Booster plug and baffle modded.
My normal configuration IMG_4395.thumb.JPG.1e51f162fa27f0d8c8cb7ba275dc9acb.JPG
Polisport plastics
IMG_4305.thumb.JPG.f368f9bb5c44a6c9c534309778d4411c.JPG
 For when ya need a little help
IMG_4396.JPG.96709c9680b01756e3344f02df18c548.JPG

The polisport swingarm and frame guards look great. Are the specifically for the CRF450L or are for the CRF450R? Did you have the make any modifications on them? I only ask because I bought the Acerbis and I sent them back because they were made for the R and it was a lighter red than stock and it didn’t match. I think the black looks better and will look better with wear on them. Also where did you buy them from and do you know the model numbers.
  • Like 1

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to CRF450L/RL Mods: What did you do to your 450L/RL today?