Bryan II

CRF450L/RL Mods: What did you do to your 450L/RL today?

You don't. Some, myself included like to have one around as a just in case. The Li batteries don't use the same as the older type charger or maintainers (or both). And apparently this one in the elle is so very special you've only got one or two to choose.

For those that might be putting their bike away for the season a battery maintainer makes sense. But you are correct, your bike will or at least should charge the battery fine. 

Edited by Mike Wex
I'm a bad speller.

On 10/23/2020 at 5:51 PM, Bladerunner99 said:

I am interested to know why we require a specific Lithium charger, when the bikes charging system can accommodate any battery type???

To elaborate on this a little...stand a lone chargers do not charge exactly the same, lead/acid chargers specifically don't have the same profile, as a lithium battery has an extremely slower natural discharge it doesn't need the constant top off/maintain value so a lead/acid charger can actually overcharge the battery and cause damage, in addition some L/A chargers may also have a desulphate mode which spikes voltage high, again something that can also damage a lithium battery. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

15 hours ago, Antigravity Batteries said:

To elaborate on this a little...stand a lone chargers do not charge exactly the same, lead/acid chargers specifically don't have the same profile, as a lithium battery has an extremely slower natural discharge it doesn't need the constant top off/maintain value so a lead/acid charger can actually overcharge the battery and cause damage, in addition some L/A chargers may also have a desulphate mode which spikes voltage high, again something that can also damage a lithium battery. 

Thank you for taking the time to explain

• Like 1

My Race Tech 5.3 fork springs, 6.3kg rear spring and full set of Gold Valves came in today! Hopefully I can get everything installed ASAP. Super excited since this bike is SO SO soft. (Well for me at least) I’m 6’2 245lbs with out gear.  I’m setting it up for desert/moto. I don’t plan on riding much on the street since I live in a very urban town (San Pedro) with terrible drivers  

E6A29E49-782C-4A9D-9B4D-956638F4C49C.jpeg

Edited by Tyler Scott
  • Like 2

On 1/29/2019 at 7:58 AM, Smoke Eater said:

I put RAM mounts in the mirror holes so I can switch to Double Take mirrors, scroll map, or a GPS depending on my ride.

How did you add a ram mount to the mirror hole?

The mirror holes on my z125 are the same and I would like to do this since I currently have my ram mount ghetto rigged with one screw and two zip ties lol. Thank you. 

The Double-Take full kit comes with the mirror ball screw adapters and banana clamps. But the clamps and ball screw adapters (they fit where your mirror goes obviously) are actually Ram Mount products. I already had a couple of them that I use to mount cameras. When I got the "Kit" I realized I had all the parts except for the Double-Take mirrors themselves. Oh well, you can never have too much Ram Mount stuff lying around. You'll always use them on something.

You can order the Double-Takes by themselves as a pair or even single if you want, not as the full kit. Nice thing is you can swap these from bike-to-bike. I really like the stock mirrors on the 450L but certainly don't want to break them on the trail or in the woods$$$.

This (below) is everything you get in the "kit".IMG_4706.jpg.8bc36f950678232f949e8558ee5df3d8.jpg

IMG_4789.thumb.jpg.fa94793414396f74042a733fef79e611.jpg

I added a tad of blue Loc-Tite but if you hit something hard enough the point of these mirrors is they will "give"... that's what you want. Takes a bit to set up for street riding till you find that "sweet-spot". No big deal.

IIMG_4792.thumb.jpg.5b960802348ff5ba2422d799c9710b7b.jpg

IMG_4707.jpg.fde5496cbf50294ab33e0e943377aa09.jpg

Edited by Mike Wex
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

On 4/7/2019 at 9:16 PM, MarkCRF450L said:

The polisport swingarm and frame guards look great. Are the specifically for the CRF450L or are for the CRF450R? Did you have the make any modifications on them? I only ask because I bought the Acerbis and I sent them back because they were made for the R and it was a lighter red than stock and it didn’t match. I think the black looks better and will look better with wear on them. Also where did you buy them from and do you know the model numbers.

MarkCRF450l, did u ever get a response to this? I want to buy this polisport guards for my crf450l but I don’t see the “L” option???

On 10/30/2020 at 8:04 AM, Tyler Scott said:

My Race Tech 5.3 fork springs, 6.3kg rear spring and full set of Gold Valves came in today! Hopefully I can get everything installed ASAP. Super excited since this bike is SO SO soft. (Well for me at least) I’m 6’2 245lbs with out gear.  I’m setting it up for desert/moto. I don’t plan on riding much on the street since I live in a very urban town (San Pedro) with terrible drivers  

E6A29E49-782C-4A9D-9B4D-956638F4C49C.jpeg

Did you install the new suspension parts? Very curious to hear how you like the changes. I've used Race Tech "Cartridge Emulators" on my older damping rod style of forks with great results. I'm lighter than you, but I found the front forks to be too stiff, at times, especially when in sand. I did a wicked mountain loop with lots of rocks and it seemed perfect there, with lowering compression damping two turns. The rear suspension is also very nice with the stiffer spring I put on, a 6.2 kg/mm. 

1 hour ago, gt750 said:

Did you install the new suspension parts? Very curious to hear how you like the changes. I've used Race Tech "Cartridge Emulators" on my older damping rod style of forks with great results. I'm lighter than you, but I found the front forks to be too stiff, at times, especially when in sand. I did a wicked mountain loop with lots of rocks and it seemed perfect there, with lowering compression damping two turns. The rear suspension is also very nice with the stiffer spring I put on, a 6.2 kg/mm. 

No I haven’t. You guys will be the first to know. 

• Like 1