Does this bike have a high seat, or is it stock height? (pic in post)

I'm planning to get that IMS tank...partly to flatten out the seat. I believe a tall seat would flatten it out even more but... being just shy of 6' tall, it might be a touch too tall for me.

The flatness of the seat on the the bike in the pic would be fine for my tastes... as far as moving around on the bike goes. Anyone know if it's the stock height seat or taller?

Also, if anyone with a tall seat and this IMS tank wants to post pics of their bike, I'd love to see them.

Thanks.

drz.jpg

On 1/11/2019 at 6:39 AM, Aive1 said:

It's a stock height sdg. Got the same setup on mine. I am pretty sure tall sdg seat won't work with ims 2.7

drz_for_tt.jpg.3922f0edd6c67d0ab9fe7fb35b53e1ee.jpg

I was just looking at my number plates last night, wondering if I should cut them down...specifically by the shock reservoir. Did you cut the other side too, in front of the air box? If so, I'd love to see a pic.

tbh, can't recommend it cause it may look like a hack job, at least if you cut a lot. I am running a ghetto kicker so there is no battery on the left side. And I also have another set of plastic so I can experiment with a beaten stock set. But it could be better with several more iterations. Unfortunately stock drz's fat ass and muffler direction make it look like a brickdrz_for_tt.jpg.731dbd458d5545d571bd176d4fb13c2a.jpg

5 hours ago, Aive1 said:

tbh, can't recommend it cause it may look like a hack job, at least if you cut a lot. I am running a ghetto kicker so there is no battery on the left side. And I also have another set of plastic so I can experiment with a beaten stock set. But it could be better with several more iterations. Unfortunately stock drz's fat ass and muffler direction make it look like a brickdrz_for_tt.jpg.731dbd458d5545d571bd176d4fb13c2a.jpg

Great. Thanks for doing that. Regarding your tank: Do you think its color changed over time?

It doesn't as far as I can tell. But, I got the transparent tank and Eddie's bike had a white I think. While the option to see a gas level is cool (especially on a drz), one day you gonna hate the looks. I would take black or yellow if I had to buy it again. Not sure what colors are available now

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rickhorror said:

IMG_2567.thumb.JPG.74d1819b59d73c89182c808f66b865a8.JPG

IMs 2.6 with stock seat. I’m 5’7 and it’s perfect height for me. Over the last year the color has definitely yellowed a little bit, I don’t currently have it on the drz right now thinking about going back to the metal stocker or the Clarke again

Thanks! Black bikes normally don't catch my eye but there's something about this one I like. Except for the front fender and headlight, the black almost looks matte. At any rate, it's sharp looking!

BTW. I sent you a private message regarding your tank.

Edited by fishugly
  • Like 1