cycletech1

new arrival Cycle Tech 200RR

America is going to shit, especially in the cities.
Either you're 1) entitled rich people who hate every one; 2) Entitled poor people living like an entitled rich person living on borrowed time and money; 3) entitled poor people living on everyone else's money with nothing to do but steal shit from everyone else anyways.

If you're not any of those, you pay waaay too much for cars, houses, and other luxury goods because of 1 and 2 only to have 3 digging through your garbage, stealing your neighbors hoses, breaking your car windows and taking anything not bolted down. And you pay waaay too much in taxes, insurance, and everything else because of 2 and 3 while 1 gets to write-off everything.

But hey - OPEN BORDERS!
Remind me not to move there

With the progressive ahole they just elected gov in NJ, it will eventually be just as bad plus the weather sucks.  I just had to block all my mags to 10 rounds, sign of things to come. 

• Like 1

I miss Jersey a lot but have to say that riding in CO is much better lol

2 hours ago, GP said:

With the progressive ahole they just elected gov in NJ, it will eventually be just as bad plus the weather sucks.  I just had to block all my mags to 10 rounds, sign of things to come. 

welcome to Commiefornia. Oh wait...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, basalt said:

Either you're 1) entitled rich people who hate every one; 2) Entitled poor people living like an entitled rich person living on borrowed time and money; 3) entitled poor people living on everyone else's money with nothing to do but steal shit from everyone else anyways.

If you're not any of those, you pay waaay too much for cars, houses, and other luxury goods because of 1 and 2 only to have 3 digging through your garbage, stealing your neighbors hoses, breaking your car windows and taking anything not bolted down. And you pay waaay too much in taxes, insurance, and everything else because of 2 and 3 while 1 gets to write-off everything.

But hey - OPEN BORDERS!

I remember being bitter. Then in 2006 something changed. I left California. 

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, lom said:

I miss Jersey a lot but have to say that riding in CO is much better lol

NO ITS NOT!!!! NOTHING HERE. Try Kansas or Iowa. 😁

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

With 56 other choices why would anyone live in NJ?

Born here, family, good jobs and $$.  You don't move here.  You can get and do a lot of things in a short distance.  I could be at the boat to dive shipwrecks off shore in the Atlantic in 90 min one way, ski in the mtns of NY the same the other way.  Stuff you can't do, well, you make happen.  Its just a fast paced aggressive lifestyle.  I'll be retiring somewhere else.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GP said:

Born here, family, good jobs and $$.  You don't move here.  You can get and do a lot of things in a short distance.  I could be at the boat to dive shipwrecks off shore in the Atlantic in 90 min one way, ski in the mtns of NY the same the other way.  Stuff you can't do, well, you make happen.  Its just a fast paced aggressive lifestyle.  I'll be retiring somewhere else.

This is a mirror image of the Southern California situation to a tee. 

2 minutes ago, redhurricane said:

I'm actually in a less populated spot(for N) in the northwest corner.  I can be in Manhattan in an hour, or Newark in 40 min.  Been to SoCal and the traffic is far worse.  It didn't always suck so bad here, and we have the oldest and largest enduro association in the US (ECEA).  Over 30 events, most within only a couple hours of me.  The liberals are trying to destroy that too.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, redhurricane said:

Only we have way better weather!  It’s a high price we pay for that though. It’s not always perfect however, last time I rode I actually had to wear a sweatshirt for most of the day🥶. 

Joking aside the wife and I are looking at options for getting out of here, just not sure where we want to go. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cullins said:

Only we have way better weather!  It’s a high price we pay for that though. It’s not always perfect however, last time I rode I actually had to wear a sweatshirt for most of the day🥶. 

Joking aside the wife and I are looking at options for getting out of here, just not sure where we want to go. 

Do NOT come to Oregon. We have no ridng here! It's terrible.

Only 52 public free riding area across the state! Stupid forest service is begging for us to help build more trails. 

It's horrible I tell ya! 

• Like 2

I’m in the same state and in the same boat.

I’m Surrounded by unlimited trails and land for riding, good hunting, great high mountain fishing and Jeep exploration, yet the out of control tax’s I pay for undocumented people and spotted owls is wearing really thin.....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, firffighter said:

Do NOT come to Oregon. We have no ridng here! It's terrible.

Only 52 public free riding area across the state! Stupid forest service is begging for us to help build more trails. 

It's horrible I tell ya! 

Spent a week in a little town near Salem for the Eclipse. It was exactly what I remember my home town being growing up. 

Yours is coming. ;)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, basalt said:

Yours is coming. ;)

Yeah, believe me it's all around us. The growth in the past 5 years is unbelievable. Portland is becoming San Francisco and Seattle right before our very eyes and anything within an hour radius is seeing housing explode. 

Luckily, I'm a small old logging town at the end of the line, nestled along a beautiful river, foothills of Mt Hood. 1927 Dutch colonial that sits up over town and looks directly up the river canyon and mts. Bought it for a song 11 years ago and almost paid off now. Great schools, my property tax is extremely low and I can hike, trail run, kayak and ride all in 10 minutes out my door! It feels remote but it's 45 minutes to downtown Portland. City folk hate it because the hwy out here is dark and winding and you pass through some pretty rough redneck trailer park type areas before you get here, so they don't bother coming out here much. 

1 1/2 hours to Pacific, 45 minutes to Mt Hood, 90 minutes to Hood River in the Columbia River Gorge the kit boarding capitol of the US, 2 hours from Central Oregon with endless desert ridng, 2 hours from epic Gifford Pinchot high elevation singletrack. 

Very, very blessed! I'm NOT moving or retiring anywhere, I'm staying right here and looking forward to doing more of the recreation I love right outside my front door! 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, basalt said:

But hey - OPEN BORDERS!

Mmm...open borders...  it sounds you got the same problem of us here in Italy , but with a difference : if during the night I wake up because someone is trying to steal my bike from my garage , and I shoot him ( even with a non-letal shot ) , or I punch him , I will be automatically considered the 'bad guy' and I will pass at least 8-10 years in and out from courts and probably I will pay some money to the thief ( payed 22% of taxes/vat on my new Beta and that's what I got back ) .

Well we ( you ) were talking about bikes and now we are talking about thiefs...

I'll accept my share of the blame, sorry. Actually I was posting a joke but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

1 hour ago, Cullins said:

For me it's north west Arkansas or eastern Oklahoma, a really beautiful area with lots of back road riding. I'd like to move  but have too many responsibilities in Iowa. The people in Arkansas are super friendly, although I have to say that during our recent trip to the Beta dealer meeting California folks were really nice too! I guess you get what you give.