Hey I have a pair of alpinestars tech 10's on the way and I have a couple of questions, I have had fox boots for a while now and when they got wet the material would start to peel will I have that problem with the tech 10 and also how durable is the sole I've been hearing about it wearing down fast

My Tech 10's have been wet many many times and no peeling.  I'm on my third pair of Tech 10's and had 2 pair of Tech 8's before that.  I tried others in between and never found better boots for me.  As for the soles wearing, mine are fine now but when I used to run sharp foot pegs they wore out fairly quick.  Stock or the new aftermarket foot pegs (Flo, etc.) with removable studs will be fine.  Beware!  Once you go Tech 10 you will never go back.  It's so nice to pull the booties out to dry and or wash.  No smelly boots - ever.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Ya IMO Tech 10's are well worth the $$$$. I've had mine for about 7 years and had them resoled by Alpinestars 3 years ago only cus I was learning I was learning how to kick start my bike correctly and IMO they are now better than new and no wear since and don't see needing to buy new boots anytime soon.

• Like 1

My Tech 10's have been wet many many times and no peeling.  I'm on my third pair of Tech 10's and had 2 pair of Tech 8's before that.  I tried others in between and never found better boots for me.  As for the soles wearing, mine are fine now but when I used to run sharp foot pegs they wore out fairly quick.  Stock or the new aftermarket foot pegs (Flo, etc.) with removable studs will be fine.  Beware!  Once you go Tech 10 you will never go back.  It's so nice to pull the booties out to dry and or wash.  No smelly boots - ever.
Thanks for the info guys

My foot pegs are pretty sharp what do you guys recommend on running?

They are the best, I wouldn't wear anything else, you will feel like iron man in them, no peeling or any other problems. 

Where were you guys when I was getting peer-pressured into burning my almost-new Tech 7s? Where were you when I gave in to that peer pressure and ordered the Crossfire 3 SRS?

Let me guess, I didn't HAVE to buy a KTM? Sigh. You guys are the worst... 😉

Where were you guys when I was getting peer-pressured into burning my almost-new Tech 7s? Where were you when I gave in to that peer pressure and ordered the Crossfire 3 SRS?
Let me guess, I didn't HAVE to buy a KTM? Sigh. You guys are the worst... 

Don’t blame your decisions on others. It’s called personal responsibility.

Crossfire 3 TA for the win.
  • Like 1

At least in my experience, to wear Sidi boots, your instep needs to be pretty thin. The width is fine, but the height was just too tight. I've never had trouble fitting boots until I tried Sidi. Too bad, they are nice, they just have a specific fitment. My favs are Gaerne SGs and TCX Comp Evo.

Ya IMO Tech 10's are well worth the $$$$. I've had mine for about 7 years and had them resoled by Alpinestars 3 years ago only cus I was learning I was learning how to kick start my bike correctly and IMO they are now better than new and no wear since and don't see needing to buy new boots anytime soon.
Can you post a picture of your pegs I want to see how pointy they are

They do not wear like SG12s I can tell you that. However they are fantastic boots and you can’t go wrong I have been wearing them since 07. Several pairs and all good. Be safe.

11 hours ago, Nicholas Stolle said:

Can you post a picture of your pegs I want to see how pointy they are

Pivot Pegz which I really like but a whole different topic and IMO not super sharp.

20190112_102718.thumb.jpg.28b7aee8bcd4fa9d56656738c7de461b.jpg

This was the wear on my right boot but it was from the kick starter, not the pegs cus this is the left boot.

20150413_172704.jpg.07f776d6d1bc01d71a598588ab8148f5.jpg

I was going to try to do the inner soles myself but went for a full resole on both and this was after I got them back from Alpinestars and again WELL worth the $$$$.

20150427_180128.thumb.jpg.2f13daa442cdb855b8ddf19ccde514a0.jpg20150526_163450.thumb.jpg.76cdaf093987f22197b967e57436db3d.jpg

• Like 1

If you've changed your pegs from stock buy a boot that you can replace the soles easily on.

• Like 1