Does the 2019 Honda CRF250F belong in this forum?

http://powersports.honda.com/2019/crf250f.aspx
We try to group bikes that have a lot of overlap. What do you guys think? Not sure it can command it's own forum, but will adding here muck up your mojo? 
Appreciate your thoughts...
19-Honda-CRF250F_RHP.jpg.ee5cb070095ee2f8df1af836cdb31582.jpg
I think as much as the 150f and 230f belong together, perhaps the 250f does as well. All three bikes seem to cater to the same purpose as air cooled trail bikes. At the very least it's a great place to start, and if by chance the popularity of the 250f (and the number of threads related to it) explodes, then perhaps it would merit its own forum at that point.
  • Like 7
  • Helpful 1

25 minutes ago, Confederate said:

We already have a couple of threads about it anyway.

True, but I found them in other parts of the site too. I have my ideas, but I like checking with you guys too. You guys have a pretty good, active forum here, so don't want to mess w/ the mojo if I'm missing something. ?

• Like 3

Seeing as how there seems to be a decent amount of interest in the bike from the 230f owners, and their curiosity of its future potential, this might be a good place for it to keep the information and discussions close and easily accessible.

Although it is pretty much a modernized and updated XR250R, not sure how it would be accepted over there 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, adnohguy said:

Yes, very much so. It’s just the next generation or step up of the same bikes.

Welllllll...

Technically speaking....

All bikes are a next generation of the first motorcycle ever made.... 

80s bikes are a next generation of 70s bikes... And so on...

An arguement could be made to put all the xr50s 70s 100s here too... As far as machine evolution goes, they certainly fit that bill..

What makes the call between xr250s and 400 air cooled bikes and the crf230?  Number of valves?  They are carbed and air cooled...

I'm just saying... What makes this efi bike so similar here?

If it's air cooled and 4 Valves... What makes it not fit with the next generation of xr400/250?

I'm not passionate about this actually.... 

I'm just a better devil's advocate than cheerleader ?

but if I had to pick a side I would have to do it on commonality of parts ... And I would pick thumbs down on that....

Edited by mixxer
  • Like 3

The CRF250F doesn't justify a stand-alone forum and while there are reasons for/against including it here, it has to go somewhere. I was learning towards this forum to begin with and it would seem that more agree than disagree. So, we're going to included it for the time being and see how it goes. Nothing is set in stone. Moving something out is easy, the harder part is correctly identifying and moving the topics. Not impossible, just more work. 

What we can do is add in OPTIONAL topic prefixs for when a topic is started. This will allow users to prefixed the topic with what bike the topic is about. The two downsides:

1. some will simply skip it even thought it's like 2 extra seconds.

2. prefixes are not supporting by anyone using the Tapatalk powered app.

Of course, prefixing can be turned off as fast as its turned on, so also worth a shot. Thx for the feedback. If it was completely obvious at to where to put the bike, it would already be done. This was more about the BEST place than the perfect place.

Have a good weekend and thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

• Like 7

Welllllll...

Technically speaking....

All bikes are a next generation of the first motorcycle ever made.... 

80s bikes are a next generation of 70s bikes... And so on...

An arguement could be made to put all the xr50s 70s 100s here too... As far as machine evolution goes, they certainly fit that bill..

What makes the call between xr250s and 400 air cooled bikes and the crf230?  Number of valves?  They are carbed and air cooled...

I'm just saying... What makes this efi bike so similar here?

If it's air cooled and 4 Valves... What makes it not fit with the next generation of xr400/250?

I'm not passionate about this actually.... 

I'm just a better devil's advocate than cheerleader [emoji4]

but if I had to pick a side I would have to do it on commonality of parts ... And I would pick thumbs down on that....

It’s an updated beginners trail bike and should stay in the same category as a 230f. FI with 4valves and a rear disk brake does not change that.

Hopefully there will be so much activity on TT with the 250f that it WILL have its own stand alone Blog/Forum in the future. [emoji1303]

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adnohguy said:

It’s an updated beginners trail bike and should stay in the same category as a 230f. FI with 4valves and a rear disk brake does not change that.

Hopefully there will be so much activity on TT with the 250f that it WILL have its own stand alone Blog/Forum in the future. emoji1303.png

One cannot lay claim to being logical, if the do not concede a point to greater reasoning...

I concede... Your point of trail bike category cannot be argued against .... 

Or I would...lol

AdnohGuy takes this one!!

Prefixes when you start a new topic so those scanning the list of forum topics will know what model your topic is about. It's optional, but useful. Also, if you use the tapatalk app, sorry, tapatalk doesn't support prefixes, so DO make sure your topic titles are descriptive. Just a tool to make finding the topics you're most interested in easier.

crf250f_prefix.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daniel627 said:

Seeing as how there seems to be a decent amount of interest in the bike from the 230f owners, and their curiosity of its future potential, this might be a good place for it to keep the information and discussions close and easily accessible.

Although it is pretty much a modernized and updated XR250R, not sure how it would be accepted over there 

When I searched TT on the model, that was the case.