Doc Brown

Torrot wants to sell GasGas?

In two German forums I read this morning that Torrot wants to sell GasGas again. Unfortunately in neither forum a source for this information was given.

As GasGas fan and owner I am not amused...

Anyone got better info?

• Sad 1

Say it ain't so Doc!    I was really looking forward to the newer 200's 

John, I fear it could be true, just read the same in the US GasGasriders forum 😢

But no information source there either.

• Sad 1

I think this is untrue. They just released a new catalogue. I would have to see proof from the factory. Rumors always abound.

That was made by a worker here in the US

I think this is untrue. They just released a new catalogue. I would have to see proof from the factory. Rumors always abound.

2 hours ago, hadfield4wd said:

Rumors don’t always abound. How did you think threads were on Gasgas going under after 2015??  Of course it’s wait and see but Gasgas/ Torrot is a new motorcycle manufacturer . Always it’s great to be optimistic but also realistic aswell. Ask Cagiva Husqvarna owners before going down and Husky turning into linked white and blue KTMs. It may be untrue and maybe there is some truth. Either way gasgas riders have no choice and will find out either way.  If it’s bs then this is just a blip on the radar.

Doesn't look good.
-cancelled the Ranger project
-cancelled 200's
-group page on FB run my GGNA is gone
-western regional rep left GG a few weeks ago.
-Kyle Redmond was going to be on a GG but is now on a Sherco.
Some other crap I'm forgetting but who really knows. Have to say, having been on red Huskys and going through all that made me nervous about GG. Really hope the rumors aren't true.

• Like 3

Even if it is untrue it is more than a blip. At this stage the last thing GG needs is uncertainty of any kind. Rumors spread at the speed of light, truth is the tortoise.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, lom said:

Doesn't look good.
-cancelled 200's
Some other crap I'm forgetting but who really knows. Have to say, having been on red Huskys and going through all that made me nervous about GG. Really hope the rumors aren't true.

German dealer said he cant give all internal information to the public but "not every change is a bad change!" whatever that means. He also said that all customers who ordered a GP300/19 can alternatively get a 300/19 Sixdays or wait about 4 months and get a GP300/20. He didnt say anything about the 200 but said the Ranger is sold out, delivey will start Febuary/March 2019. Please note that all this has been said for Germany, not the US or any other country.

Personally I think the rumours could be right but after what the Kraut said it seems that GG might get a new owner which isnt too bad. I hope GG survives, I like them and I am far off the main stream. I dont want an orange bike as it seems almost everyone has one :-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lom said:

Doesn't look good.
-cancelled 200's

Since when is the Ranger Program cancelled? 

I'm quite in tune with the GasGas brand and have never heard this info... And I usually know stuff long before other people do. 
In fact I have confirmed information regarding release dates for product that I can't tell you about.

I don't think this rumour is true at all. 

However, remember that torrot and GasGas are being backed by Black Toro Capital which is a negative debt aquiring firm. They are the minds behind more buisness decisions than you'll ever hear about. The decision to sell GasGas most likely will come eventually. But I highly doubt its right now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

German dealer said he cant give all internal information to the public but "not every change is a bad change!" whatever that means. He also said that all customers who ordered a GP300/19 can alternatively get a 300/19 Sixdays or wait about 4 months and get a GP300/20. He didnt say anything about the 200 but said the Ranger is sold out, delivey will start Febuary/March 2019. Please note that all this has been said for Germany, not the US or any other country.

Personally I think the rumours could be right but after what the Kraut said it seems that GG might get a new owner which isnt too bad. I hope GG survives, I like them and I am far off the main stream. I dont want an orange bike as it seems almost everyone has one :-)

I figured the ranger would sell. That’s in the little lower height enduro category  that sorely needs more available bikes to fill.. besides the ranger are the Xtrainer and freeride and just buying lowering kits for whatever tall enduro bike one wants to buy. As far as everything else? Thanks for the current info. Where there’s smoke there’s fire but is it a barbecue grill or a forest fire 🔥? Whatever.. Guys recently have gone through Gasgas and Cagiva Husky and seen Dirt BMW and husaberg etc etc. go through mega change. Old Sweden Husky broke apart  at one time. Hey where is Bultaco..? That’s how Gasgas came about right? 

Actually it’s still just early info. We shall see and guys wil still just enjoy riding their Gasgas.

3 hours ago, lom said:

Doesn't look good.
-cancelled 200's

This is from where? The german forums mentioned?? Or gasgasrider? Or both?

3 hours ago, lom said:

Doesn't look good.
-cancelled the Ranger project - Proof?
-cancelled 200's -Proof?
-group page on FB run my GGNA is gone- I just looked it up, still there
-western regional rep left GG a few weeks ago. - That rep is one of my best friends, he just wanted to do his own thing and focus on media.
-Kyle Redmond was going to be on a GG but is now on a Sherco.- Redmond is on team hard enduro outfitters, my buddy is the team manager, didn't know about GG

I don't really have a dog in this fight but this post seems to be spreading rumors in and of itself. The shop I ride for is a GG dealership and I have good friends riding for GG and it would really suck if any of this were true.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, 2strokenut said:

I don't really have a dog in this fight but this post seems to be spreading rumors in and of itself. The shop I ride for is a GG dealership and I have good friends riding for GG and it would really suck if any of this were true.

It’s just a rumor thread for now.  Hey but if it changes things then we just adapt. In 2007 Honda stopped making 2 strokes. I had one. 2015 Gasgas stopped production. I still have a Gasgas. Lots had Cagiva Husky and other brands.. bummer but oh well.. AND maybe this is just a rumor. Hopefully it doesn’t affect much..If there’s some substance?  so what.. just keep riding..

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

It is all rumor at this point, just interesting things happening at about the same time the sale rumor comes out. I really hope it's not true at all and if it is, someone takes over that will stick with it because even a proper sale at this point is inspiring. The US based FB group is gone. I've actually really wanted a GG and my favorite dealer picked them up. Crazy enough, they were my red husky dealer too. After riding the xtrainer, I was really thinking the ranger could be my next bike. Guess we'll see but I'll probably be on an xtrainer

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, lom said:

It is all rumor at this point, just interesting things happening at about the same time the sale rumor comes out. I really hope it's not true at all and if it is, someone takes over that will stick with it because even a proper sale at this point is inspiring. The US based FB group is gone. I've actually really wanted a GG and my favorite dealer picked them up. Crazy enough, they were my red husky dealer too. After riding the xtrainer, I was really thinking the ranger could be my next bike. Guess we'll see but I'll probably be on an xtrainer

You could just go on an rr or race editionand maybe lower? Or just a lower seat foam? Depends on what you want the ranger or Xtrainer for.

You could just go on an rr or race editionand maybe lower? Or just a lower seat foam? Depends on what you want the ranger or Xtrainer for.
I'm 6'1 lol. It's the whole feel of the bike. Trying to do it where I can keep my sherco and pick up the xtrainer or ranger as a second bike. Loved the overall feel of it compared to the other bikes. If I end up selling the sherco for another bike (and stay with one) I'm just buying a new sherco
  • Like 1