I'm 15 years old, 5'9" or 5'10", 140 lbs. I have long legs. I have pretty good riding experience, I have a 2005 200cc 4 stroke Chinese bike. The brand is Tank. They don't sell them anymore. I ride it just fine. I have rode a friends Yz 250 2 stroke and that has too much power for me, I have rode a Cr 85 2 stroke, it was pretty small for me. I want a Yz 125 to start doing a little racing and just ride for fun on mx tracks. I would also just want to take it out in the pasture to ride too. Is it the right bike for me? I love the looks of it.

I'm 15 years old, 5'9" or 5'10", 140 lbs. I have long legs. I have pretty good riding experience, I have a 2005 200cc 4 stroke Chinese bike. The brand is Tank. They don't sell them anymore. I ride it just fine. I have rode a friends Yz 250 2 stroke and that has too much power for me, I have rode a Cr 85 2 stroke, it was pretty small for me. I want a Yz 125 to start doing a little racing and just ride for fun on mx tracks. I would also just want to take it out in the pasture to ride too. Is it the right bike for me? I love the looks of it.

Yes that would be a perfect bike, I’m 13 about the same height and weight and have lots of experience also, I bought a cr 125 and it’s not snap your neck 450 power but it’s not slow either, 2 stroke 125s are torque monsters... on gravel roads I shoot gravel and rocks like 30 feet back when I’m in fifth and in the power band. Lots of guys love the 125 because they’re so easy to ride. Hope this helped!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Collin Johnson said:

what are you waiting for? Did you get it yet?

Im 15 too, but a little taller. But height isn't too big of a problem, just buy it.

• Like 1

Good exchange of info, guys. :thumbsup: Old farts like me need to read this kind of dialogue from your age group once in a while. BTW, I have a friend that rides a 2000 yz125 and he does just fine on it.

Yep, YZ125s are hard to beat. Great fun and easy to keep running.

I think you could handle either. Depends on what you wanna do and how you wanna ride. I think the 125 would be good for the track cause they are light and a 250 would be better for the fun riding. You'd get used to the power quickly IMO and you would not have to have the bike wound up all the time if you were out in the pasture playing around. I skipped the 125 and didnt regret it. My $.02.

Either way you'll be riding and enjoying yourself.

Or if you can find either a ktm 150 2 stroke or a 250 4 stroke, those will have more power then your 125 nut not to much. the 250 4 stroke is around same horsepower ratings just with more bottom end grunt, 150 2 strokes are great to because they’re like a 125 with a little more jam!

I agree with above 👍👍 cant beat a 125 for skills you'll learn and just plain fun

• Like 1