ged93

Another red italian dirtbike ???

artist rendering. Nothing more and unless Ducati does it with an exposed dry clutch like the sport bikes, no Ducati fan will buy it. 

and Aprilia tried to dip into the market years ago. Remember the rxv 450?

https://www.dirtrider.com/2011-aprilia-rxv-450

Yes father I have sinned, I’ve owned 6 Ducati’s and a Aprilia RXV550
  • Like 7
  • Helpful 1

Local dealer just took on TM! Very tempting! Special place in my heart for the baby blue beauty. 

Test rode an '01 300en years ago and almost bought it. Fast! 

One of the guys I work with has a VOR. Still brings it out to our annual Fall ridng trip. 

Always wanted to try the Aprilia MXV450! A twin dirt bike, now that's Italian! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, firffighter said:

Local dealer just took on TM! Very tempting! Special place in my heart for the baby blue beauty. 

One of the guys I work with has a VOR. Still brings it out to our annual Fall ridng trip. 

Probably shouldn’t say this in here, but the ‘19 TM 300EN is really, really good. Fast and easy to ride👍

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cullins said:

Probably shouldn’t say this in here, but the ‘19 TM 300EN is really, really good. Fast and easy to ride👍

I'd love to take a spin on the new one. I have no qualms about owning exotics. The stigma that surrounds brands like TM, GasGas, Sherco, and to a much lesser extent is for the most part bogus and unfounded. 

Well still wondering about old stories of Ossa and Benelli.. Hey great if it happens.. Remember the BMW 450 and the Husaberg?

.. not long ago at all..

Amazing that this guy finished 2nd and with one footpeg and on this bike !!:doh: .. hats off to him

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

32 minutes ago, firffighter said:

I’m genral I like the more exotic bikes too. Probably comes from riding trials. 

However we have already seen a lot of brands come and go. There are guys riding the “new” fuel injected  Ossa’s that are now left with zero support for them. The guys with Alta’s are screwed. 

That’s what I like about Beta and TM. Very old companies that don’t carry debt. 

I also wouldn’t have a problem with going Sherco. Gas Gas still worries me, seems they came back spending a lot of money and I’ve heard a few rumors. 

Some other bikes might look cool, but I would want to stay away for awhile. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Cullins said:

However we have already seen a lot of brands come and go. There are guys riding the “new” fuel injected  Ossa’s that are now left with zero support for them. The guys with Alta’s are screwed. 

I also wouldn’t have a problem with going Sherco. Gas Gas still worries me, seems they came back spending a lot of money and I’ve heard a few rumors. 

Completely agree! 

TM and Sherco would be solid in my book. 

TM has been plodding along since the late 90's here in the US and has some titles in World Enduro Championship.

Sherco here since around '07 I think and with full commitment in World Enduro Championship and Dakar you know they'll be around for quite some time.

GasGas still risky IMO with the all in financially a bit risky.

Funny thing about this. KTM may be buying Ducati. Ducati was for sale about a year ago with a rumored interest from Harley and Ducati ended up staying with the Volkswagen group.

12 minutes ago, Cullins said:

Yea well there’s a fresh Gasgas rumor now. One of the reasons I went Beta is when Gasgas went down the last time . .. plus Honda quit making 2 strokes...At first I wanted a ktm 300 estart.. then I changed and wanted a Gasgas.. then changed to Beta after researching more and more..Im good now. I still have my old 300 ec Gasgas 01. It’s sort of a zombie bike though. For what I could sell it for it’s like Id lose more than keeping it. A friend has it for now. If his bike goes down he has a bike to ride and he can work on it too to play around. Beta being an over hundred year old company is nice. There’s never a guarantee of anything but the odds are better.

Torrot is definitely throwing a lot of money into GasGas. Excellent bike reviews, completely redesigned bikes, adding the 200 and Ranger this year, and KYB are all huge moves.

Damon Bradshaw big name attached to GasGas as well. 

But, what happens if sales don't pan out? It's a tough market and finding the right niche and hitting the mark with the right bikes is key. 

They fielded a Dakar team last year, but not this year. 

I personally hope they succeed because it only strengthens the market and more competition helps keep the manufacturers on their toes and not resting on their laurels.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, firffighter said:

Torrot is definitely throwing a lot of money into GasGas. Excellent bike reviews, completely redesigned bikes, adding the 200 and Ranger this year, and KYB are all huge moves.

But, what happens if sales don't pan out? It's a tough market and finding the right niche and hitting the mark with the right bikes is key. 

I personally hope they succeed because it only strengthens the market and more competition helps keep the manufacturers on their toes and not resting on their laurels.

I wonder about actually how much is it they have as far as money and for how long can it last..

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

23 minutes ago, firffighter said:

Latest gasgas / torrot rumor mill thread 

• Like 1

I wonder about actually how much is it they have as far as money and for how long can it last..
Was thinking the same thing. Says a lot when companies like BMW and VW can't maintain a motorcycle company
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

Latest gasgas / torrot rumor mill thread 

Yikes! Not good at all!

• Like 1