ged93

Another red italian dirtbike ???

Here we go again. Anyone know if GG turned a profit since the Torrot buyout?

39 minutes ago, GP said:

Here we go again. Anyone know if GG turned a profit since the Torrot buyout?

I don’t see how they could. You have to sell a ton of bikes to cover 23 million Euro investment. Plus look at the big bucks for race teams and racing etc. They got some high quality guys too. That’s great if going long term and have a working plan and lots of bikes get sold. This is still early in the game. 2017 gasgas was a red 2015 gasgas. 2018 is a much improved bike but still got old estart and it’s a transition bike. Next year or later will change and improve. Still.. this is rumor..

Rumor isn’t real.. yet.. It seems like guys are buying some Gasgas. I haven’t seen the new 300 sold locally but see some other trials sold and guys online seem to have bought 300 enduro gasgas and are happy so far. The 300 class is stacked though. All the enduro 300 2 strokes are great so there’s some serious competition.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

I've seen a few GG's locally but with 6 dealers in CO I'd think they'd be a little more common

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, lom said:

I've seen a few GG's locally but with 6 dealers in CO I'd think they'd be a little more common

Well lots left gasgas on the last shut down and that just happened. Lots went to the other 300 2 stroke estart bikes. I know a bunch went to Beta but I bet guys went to husky and Sherco and other brands. It’s seeming like there’s a bunch of newer to gasgas riders liking the kyb suspension. That’s seeming to be the big draw when it comes to Gasgas these days. KTM Husky it’s the counterbalancer.. Beta it’s a variety of things but including seat height and power manners etc. Sherco? Idk guys like Sherco and TM too .. TM needs to upgrade to catch up with the rest of the class.. nice bike though.

Still.. all this is still RUMOR. :ride:

• Like 1

Having ridden the Betas and finally having a chance to ride a new ktm 300 I can say I would want to take something from every brand to make the perfect bike lol. I'm not really a person that mods bikes and just feel sherco is the best out of the box. Really, I'd tell anyone to just buy whatever gets them most excited

• Like 2

Looked at ‘18 & ‘19 Gas Gas EC300’s for the first time recently. I really liked them(at least as much as I can without a test ride). As nice as they are, I think I would still be hesitant to buy one. I’d hate to buy one and they go under. Re sale value seems pretty low compared to other brands too. It will probably be a couple more years before I’m ready to buy another bike, so I guess we’ll see if they’re still around at that point. 

• Like 1

The GasGas 300 GP looks outstanding: upgraded forks, pipe, head, front brake. I inquired and the reply was that they can’t ship and now it’s slated as a 2020.
Not a good sign.

1 hour ago, lom said:

Having ridden the Betas and finally having a chance to ride a new ktm 300 I can say I would want to take something from every brand to make the perfect bike lol. I'm not really a person that mods bikes and just feel sherco is the best out of the box. Really, I'd tell anyone to just buy whatever gets them most excited

Sherco is great. I just want a kicker though for where I ride. Beautiful bike though. Got a couple friends on Sherco. Actually all my friends ride a variety of bikes then switch midstream to other brands and then switch again.  Some love yammies and KTMs and a wide variety of bikes.

• Like 1

Beta is the new KTM. 

The rest are all playing catch up. If Beta drops an MX / XC model they will absolutely kill it. It's time.

• Like 1

Beta isn’t the new Ktm. Beta is a very different animal than KTM. Beta is a small family owned hundred year old company that sells just about everyone it  makes every year. What other manufacturer is doing as good as Beta? I mean I can’t think of any as successful. I think Beta is smart. It’s smart to not be in an mx class with the most models from the most brands for the most competition and a smaller market share right from the start.  And you know Johnny. Your bike came with this  special thing free like all Betas do. 

42B04C80-A1E9-4C3B-92D3-4614A4579401.png

10 minutes ago, lom said:

They all seem to say 6spd
Crazy with everyone's prices TM's are looking affordable lol
Screenshot_20190111-231641_Drive.jpeg

That’s what I thought but read the link. They did keep the carb which is great  but 5 speed. Unless that’s wrong too? Earlier I heard tm was supposed to be 6 speed. Then this dirt bike test came out.

Guess I'll have to look more into it but the big mags get basic specs wrong all the time. Experts...lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lom said:

Guess I'll have to look more into it but the big mags get basic specs wrong all the time. Experts...lol

That’s would be sad embarrassingly wrong if they couldn’t figure the difference between a 5 and 6 speed. .. Or if they were that sloppy