Brandon Singleton

2014 Yamaha 2014 wr450f. Want start

I have a 2014 Yamaha wr450f. That will not start off the electric start but will start one or two kicks on the kick start.  It turns over with the electric start.  Just put a new battery in today. All help will be  appreciated    Thanks. 

At first thought that sounds weird. I am slowly sipping my firiday martini giving this some thought. Try pulling the plug still attached to the boot, ground it and turn it over. See if it’s got healthy spark. When you kick it over does it run and or ride fine?

Also I just noticed when I try to start it with the electric start it backfires threw the muffler.  But still kick it one time and runs fine. 

Does'nt surprise me, I have a 12 wr 450 and a 19 yz 250f.  Both suck with the electric start!  Try turning idle up about 8 clicks and put choke (or whatever it's called on a four stroke) on, then try the button.

My ‘12 WR450 also sucks with the eatarter. Only works about 50% of the time. I have gone through everything, new battery, new starter, adjusted CO level with FI tool, played with idle speed... everything. Thank god for the kickstart.