World Famous bigbob

Sunday 1/13 GT Mosquito ridge road dual sport exploratory OR PLAN B ride

Here is what I want to do, come out route 60 mosquito ridge road from Placerville.  Drive in far enough into the GT east side, to stage near the 7 trails  probably right where rock creek road 12 and Mosquito ridge road 60 meet.  Intent is to Go exploring for dual sport routes,  fire-roads, roads and jeep wide's/double wide's  in that general area, and do some light rock hounding if I see some spots.  I went in to GT area this way 10 years ago, so sort of familiar with it.  I will bring a map.  

If anyone is up for this exploratory DS ride;   we can meet for breakfast in Placerville at 7 am,    or meet at Wortons in GT at 730 am but if we meet there, we need to drive out 193 to Placerville to get to where I want to go.   

IMG_2536.JPG

Edited by World Famous bigbob

Plan B. We meet at Wortons at 8 am and stage in downtown GT, then ride out 193 to bear creek road to darling ridge from the south, I ran this route before . It was 70/30 road to dirt. But if someone comes with, we can ride more exploring dirt double wides I found last time IMG_2539.JPG

I'm in.  Either staging is fine.  Prefer more dirt, less road but I'm following you....

• Like 1

Just now, World Famous bigbob said:

Friday night. Oh yeah IMG_2541.JPG

Do I even want to ask?

• Like 1

I'm in.  Either staging is fine.  Prefer more dirt, less road but I'm following you....

Meet at Wortons. 8am

Will be some road at first but once we are in GT darling ridge area , we can explore some new stuff

We may choose to go another route . It’s secret

Top secret route Screenshot_20190111-204120.jpeg.5ee6a449b78de9fb2c360deaaf81b2c4.jpeg

• Helpful 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, mitchb said:

Top secret route Screenshot_20190111-204120.jpeg.5ee6a449b78de9fb2c360deaaf81b2c4.jpeg

Lolz, nice try.  I  already know that route.   I grew up in the OC....

6 minutes ago, f12517 said:

Lolz, nice try.  I  already know that route.   I grew up in the OC....

It isn't called "the" OC unless you were born in the 90s.  :facepalm:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

It isn't called "the" OC unless you were born in the 90s.  :facepalm:

Hater....🖕

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, World Famous bigbob said:

Here is what I want to do, come out route 60 mosquito ridge road from Placerville.  Drive in far enough into the GT east side, to stage near the 7 trails  probably right where rock creek road 12 and Mosquito ridge road 60 meet.  Intent is to Go exploring for dual sport routes,  fire-roads, roads and jeep wide's/double wide's  in that general area, and do some light rock hounding if I see some spots.  I went in to GT area this way 10 years ago, so sort of familiar with it.  I will bring a map.  

If anyone is up for this exploratory DS ride;   we can meet for breakfast in Placerville at 7 am,    or meet at Wortons in GT at 730 am but if we meet there, we need to drive out 193 to Placerville to get to where I want to go.   

IMG_2536.JPG

Hey big boober, it's yer daddy here! I really am proud of you with your pictures of your maps and not your TV this time, but I have some bad news for you. There's no mosquito RIDGE road in Placerville, or anywhere in El Dorado county. 

Maybe if you had been on TT as long as me you would have known this. Good effort though, rookie.

• Like 1