MIllerHonda230

CRF230F/L Update on Terry Miller?

24 minutes ago, MIllerHonda230 said:

Going to be looking at ordering a camshaft for my 230, had my heart set on an ST1.5. Does anybody know if Terry Miller is back and responsive?

Get direct from web cam

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MIllerHonda230 said:

I actually did read this but for some reason I thought it wasn’t that recent, guess I was mistaken

Unfortunately not. Hope the guy makes a come back and does good by a few on here. 

In the meantime I’m sure Web cams can accommodate you guys on the cams you need. Appearently Terry Miller was good enough to give the ok to his cam specs before going awol. I guess they know he is gone and left some unfinished payments for customers cams as was told. 

Unfortunately not. Hope the guy makes a come back and does good by a few on here. 
In the meantime I’m sure Web cams can accommodate you guys on the cams you need. Appearently Terry Miller was good enough to give the ok to his cam specs before going awol. I guess they know he is gone and left some unfinished payments for customers cams as was told. 

I don’t suppose webcams will want to give me the same $30 discount?

A $30 discount is of no value if you do not have the product in your hand.  Or as we say in Mexico, "Más vale pájaro en mano que cien volando."

A bird in hand has more value than 100 flying.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

I just ordered direct with Web Cams and got another ST1.5 and hardened rockers. This cam is a replacement for my other ST1.5 that wiped a lobe. They had this cam in stock and the hardened rockers, so I got a quick turnaround. Web was very good to me and gave me a slight discount since my previous ST1.5 failed in the first year.  I would check with them to see what else they have in stock, I sent a core so I assume they are making more. Hopefully I didn’t get someone else’s cam from a TM deal gone bad, that would really suck!

5C204D96-9543-4123-BD3F-1967A2B0940C.jpeg

• Like 1

I just ordered direct with Web Cams and got another ST1.5 and hardened rockers. This cam is a replacement for my other ST1.5 that wiped a lobe. They had this cam in stock and the hardened rockers, so I got a quick turnaround. Web was very good to me and gave me a slight discount since my previous ST1.5 failed in the first year.  I would check with them to see what else they have in stock, I sent a core so I assume they are making more. Hopefully I didn’t get someone else’s cam from a TM deal gone bad, that would really suck!
5C204D96-9543-4123-BD3F-1967A2B0940C.jpeg.d6cc7cfe0ec2b4002a280c598bc29428.jpeg

So you would recommend hardened rockers over new OEM ones?

37 minutes ago, MIllerHonda230 said:

So you would recommend hardened rockers over new OEM ones?

Yes, hardwelded rockers work better with a reground and hardwelded cam. In my opinion not a necessity to use hardwelded rockers, but new OEM rockers are the minimum with a new cam. I got a set of hardwelded rockers from Web because they had them in stock, if not I would have purchased a new OEM set, they are under $20 from RMATVMC. A new cam chain is also highly recommended along with a MCCT to replace the OEM piece. Cheap insurance.

• Like 1

Yes, hardwelded rockers work better with a reground and hardwelded cam. In my opinion not a necessity to use hardwelded rockers, but new OEM rockers are the minimum with a new cam. I got a set of hardwelded rockers from Web because they had them in stock, if not I would have purchased a new OEM set, they are under $20 from RMATVMC. A new cam chain is also highly recommended along with a MCCT to replace the OEM piece. Cheap insurance.

Do you know of anywhere I can get a manual adjuster? I live in Canada so some places don’t ship here or charge a lot to do so.

How much just for the cam if i send my core to Webcam?because l have a same exhaust lobe problem with my ST1.5.

2 hours ago, CaQCRider said:
6 hours ago, jeffrow68 said:

Read more  

How much just for the cam if i send my core to Webcam?because l have a same exhaust lobe problem with my ST1.5.

Two cams with bad lobes isn’t good and could indicate harsh opening & closing ramps. Not sure I would be ordering another one of those cams. 

Two cams with bad lobes isn’t good and could indicate harsh opening & closing ramps. Not sure I would be ordering another one of those cams. 
Yes you right it's not safe but i asked my self if i replace my ST1.5 for a 340 402...