aircop84

Rekluse Radius X for MY18 Beta RR430 RE - Should I?

Hey anyone have any experience using the Rekluse in the Beta 4 stroke lineup?  I would not have considered it but I could get one for around half price.  I have clutch control down BUT I will say on the really technical terrain, the Beta has flamed out on me at the worst of times.  After researching the product, I did see a couple of comments from a couple of years ago that it affected the bike's throttle response - not as quick as stock/less torquey?  The one I would be getting is a new model(RadiusX) with EXP and Torquedrive technology Any thoughts based on your experience?

This past April, my wife bought herself a new TT-R 125.  I put in a Core EXP 3.0.  I was so impressed with how well it worked on her bike that I put a Radius CX into my 17 500 RR-S.  The CX has been nothing short of awesome.  

Same exact clutch feel.  Twist and go.  No difference in hookup, no slip, nothing but goodness and it has made the bike impossible to stall unless the bike goes on its side for 7 seconds and the tipover switch is activated-a nice feature for sure.  

I also had/have NO issue with using the clutch at all.  I just like easy and some of the  best reasons for the CX were/are; adjustable slave cylinder, makes adjusting the clutch, should the frictions/fibers ever wear, turning the allen bolt in the slave adjusts the free play=ez. 

All the parts included in the CX are just better built than the Beta ones. As I never fan/slip/abuse the clutch at all, I will probably never hav eto replace either the fibers or steels in the Rekluse for as long as I own or ride the bike. 

Crawling or walking the bike is now effortless.  I had never realized the amount of both thought/preparation/anticipation was necessary when contemplating and executing gearshifts, a lot goes into it that one just gets used to from years/decades of using a clutch, never mind the physical part of needing to brace ones entire body in order to lift the fingers off the bar and to pull the clutch lever when shifting, no more of that as using the clutch is optional at all times.  It has made loading and unloading the bike into my enclosed v-nose trailer so simple and that I can do it from either side of the bike, as normally I like to be on the clutch side when walking with the bike as it made using the clutch easier but now, not needing to use the clutch, I can switch-hit with no problems.  

If I had to do it again, I'd get the CX all over again.  The entire kit is that good and if you can get an X for 1/2 price . . . 

• Like 2

Hey anyone have any experience using the Rekluse in the Beta 4 stroke lineup?  I would not have considered it but I could get one for around half price.  I have clutch control down BUT I will say on the really technical terrain, the Beta has flamed out on me at the worst of times.  After researching the product, I did see a couple of comments from a couple of years ago that it affected the bike's throttle response - not as quick as stock/less torquey?  The one I would be getting is a new model(RadiusX) with EXP and Torquedrive technology Any thoughts based on your experience?

I have one on my 430 and yes I do like it. However, the 430 is a hard hitting motor in my opinion at least for really tight single track riding and I had some issues finding the right adjustments in the first 10 hours of riding, after I changed the springs to the hardest/ earliest engagement I liked it more than the recommend springs. Since we can’t do idle adjustments like others it’s a little harder to fine tune. I found that if you try to adjust the free play with a cold engine your going to be adjusting again after the oils get hot, at least it’s easy to adjust with the allen key that you should keep with you. Final thoughts in 30 hours of really tight single track The motor has only flamed out maybe twice that I can recall, so it’s pretty awesome.
  • Like 1

Didn't think about those advantages. Some think that if kill the bike on the middle of a steep hill, you are going to have a "runaway" since there is no clutch drag to resist. Thoughts?

This past April, my wife bought herself a new TT-R 125.  I put in a Core EXP 3.0.  I was so impressed with how well it worked on her bike that I put a Radius CX into my 17 500 RR-S.  The CX has been nothing short of awesome.  
Same exact clutch feel.  Twist and go.  No difference in hookup, no slip, nothing but goodness and it has made the bike impossible to stall unless the bike goes on its side for 7 seconds and the tipover switch is activated-a nice feature for sure.  
I also had/have NO issue with using the clutch at all.  I just like easy and some of the  best reasons for the CX were/are; adjustable slave cylinder, makes adjusting the clutch, should the frictions/fibers ever wear, turning the allen bolt in the slave adjusts the free play=ez. 
All the parts included in the CX are just better built than the Beta ones. As I never fan/slip/abuse the clutch at all, I will probably never hav eto replace either the fibers or steels in the Rekluse for as long as I own or ride the bike. 
Crawling or walking the bike is now effortless.  I had never realized the amount of both thought/preparation/anticipation was necessary when contemplating and executing gearshifts, a lot goes into it that one just gets used to from years/decades of using a clutch, never mind the physical part of needing to brace ones entire body in order to lift the fingers off the bar and to pull the clutch lever when shifting, no more of that as using the clutch is optional at all times.  It has made loading and unloading the bike into my enclosed v-nose trailer so simple and that I can do it from either side of the bike, as normally I like to be on the clutch side when walking with the bike as it made using the clutch easier but now, not needing to use the clutch, I can switch-hit with no problems.  
If I had to do it again, I'd get the CX all over again.  The entire kit is that good and if you can get an X for 1/2 price . . . 

40 minutes ago, aircop84 said:

Didn't think about those advantages. Some think that if kill the bike on the middle of a steep hill, you are going to have a "runaway" since there is no clutch drag to resist. Thoughts?

You hear a lot of comments in the runaway regard, I have run a Rekluse since the original iteration and you learn to deal with it. With a (good) electric start bike it becomes a non-event in my mind. I just put in the CX on my 300 which I ran stock for four years. What surprised me is how positive clutch hook-up is now, it just feels so positive now - it's hard to explain correctly. This time I also installed an Ox-Brake, while it is not as effective as the Rekluse left hand brake it is helpful on extreme uphill stalls, I mainly installed it for tight right hand switchbacks. Rekluse is not for everyone, some hate them and others claim they are a crutch but I've used it to my advantage both in trail riding and in racing. JMO

• Like 1

Thanks for that one. Doesn't happen very often anyway but like you said, you learn to deal with it.

Sounds relatively easy to switch back to stock if I did not like it. $400 installed for the X may be worth it for me. I have the 300 RE for technical but really loving my thumper!

You hear a lot of comments in the runaway regard, I have run a Rekluse since the original iteration and you learn to deal with it. With a (good) electric start bike it becomes a non-event in my mind. I just put in the CX on my 300 which I ran stock for four years. What surprised me is how positive clutch hook-up is now, it just feels so positive now - it's hard to explain correctly. This time I also installed an Ox-Brake, while it is not as effective as the Rekluse left hand brake it is helpful on extreme uphill stalls, I mainly installed it for tight right hand switchbacks. Rekluse is not for everyone, some hate them and others claim they are a crutch but I've used it to my advantage both in trail riding and in racing. JMO

2 hours ago, aircop84 said:

I have never had an issue with stalling on a hill and not being able to stop the bike either using the front or rear brake or just hopping off and directing the rear of the bike across the fall-line.  To me it is a non-issue and one that I give NO thought to at all.  Some get all worked up and scared about the possibility, like it is a life or death situation that the bike will not be stopped by the rear wheel being locked up from the bike being in gear and that they will fall off the edge of the earth and be killed and not be part of Thumpertalk anymore.  

• Like 1

Hahahaha! The last thought before lights out is not being part of Thumpertalk anymore.

12 hours ago, Ben500RR-S said:
I have never had an issue with stalling on a hill and not being able to stop the bike either using the front or rear brake or just hopping off and directing the rear of the bike across the fall-line.  To me it is a non-issue and one that I give NO thought to at all.  Some get all worked up and scared about the possibility, like it is a life or death situation that the bike will not be stopped by the rear wheel being locked up from the bike being in gear and that they will fall off the edge of the earth and be killed and not be part of Thumpertalk anymore.  

Edited by aircop84

Thanks all for your input. I am going to try it out.

For a thank you, I will try to post the clip of the flameout where I took the spill over the lava rocks! Mashed up the headerpipe nicely.

It doesn't look all that hard, but it can be tricky at times, with a ski on the front with a set of carbides down the middle of the ski and skags on the outside, along with some 4-5' of track off the end of the bike, getting into and out of the trailer, even with all the traction aids and ski slides, but the Rekluse makes it a LOT easier getting it into and out of the trailer.  

A Rekluse just makes riding easier and more enjoyable as all I am is a grown man just riding around in circles thorough the forests.  

P1140792.JPG

P1140724.JPG

• Like 1

I have Rekluse EXP 3.0 Core’s in 2 bikes in my garage, kinda like ‘em.

I will say make sure you get all the Rekluse plates, springs, slave cylinder, etc. etc. instructions etc.

FYI, 3 reds/3 blues in the EXP pack, and you’ll love the progressive aspect of it.....

11 minutes ago, randysoo said:

Ben500RRS, That's a cool trailer. Never seen one with angled front and rear access

Ride in-ride out. It is so, so nice, especially with the snowbike kit on the Beta.  As it has no reverse, when I was both dicking around with covers and straps and dragging and tilting the bike off the open trailer I had, I had to step it up and get an enclosed trailer with a V-nose drop down door.  With Bike Binderz in the deck, it all works to load and go.  

If you are a big rider that rides steep/loose terrain, beware that the Rekluse will slip when you don't want it to, requiring you to downshift/raise the rpms. 

Not the new ones no different than a standard clutch I’ve ran one for two years.

6 minutes ago, 66chad said:

Not the new ones no different than a standard clutch I’ve ran one for two years.

Hardly.

Softens the delivery, makes manual modulation much more vauge.  I gave up on them.

• Like 1

Hardly.
Softens the delivery, makes manual modulation much more vauge.  I gave up on them.

U had trouble with the cx radius going down hill freewheeling?

The Radius CX engages very hard. Clutch modulation is close to a manual. The Core 3 which I have yields a more distinguishable difference.

Sadly for Betas there is no cheap upgrade from the Core to the Radius (KTM upgrade is only $200). Rekluse has slapped something together that they call the “retribution”. Why it’s called that I don’t know. Unfortunately it’s $599 for the upgrade which is almost the same price as the Radius X alone.