aircop84

Rekluse Radius X for MY18 Beta RR430 RE - Should I?

58 minutes ago, 66chad said:

U had trouble with the cx radius going down hill freewheeling?

No. Did I say I did? 

Freewheeling is stopped by a blip of the throttle, not a problem.

I typically go down really nasty stuff with the clutch pulled in, modulating front and rear brakes.

My problem is that I could not prevent it from slipping at just above idle on really steep terrain.....which is part of the design, so I get it.

Idaho Joe at Rekluse and I discussed this ad naseum, and tried the heaviest wedges and the lightest springs, but it still did it..

It's just not for me.

• Like 1

No. Did I say I did? 

Freewheeling is stopped by a blip of the throttle, not a problem.

I typically go down really nasty stuff with the clutch pulled in, modulating front and rear brakes.

My problem is that I could not prevent it from slipping at just above idle on really steep terrain.....which is part of the design, so I get it.

Idaho Joe at Rekluse and I discussed this ad naseum, and tried the heaviest wedges and the lightest springs, but it still did it..

It's just not for me.

Was it the cx radius just curious because I’ve never had that happen on nasty declines. Not arguing just wondering I can’t tell that it has a auto unlike the core 3.0.

It is a amazing clutch with the extra clutch discs like the rekluse torqDrive manual. The extra friction discs make a big difference.

Curious if anybody else has had this problem with the new radius designed auto.

The Rekluse is not for everyone. Even though there is better modulation with the newer Rekluse’s.

Years ago in really steep tight downhill stuff I would always put it into neutral and dab the brakes front/back. And still do today. In more open riding conditions I’m not sure I’d buy a Rekluse.
Though in deep woods riding with wet/dry, rocks/roots and with PROPER gearing it can be a really efficient and easy way to navigate your trails.

They’re not the “end all” way to approach the clutch situation at all, but they can be a viable alternative.....

On that note, I think I’ll oil my chain, set tire pressures and hit the trails today up in the Sierra’s

• Like 2

Was it the cx radius just curious because I’ve never had that happen on nasty declines. Not arguing just wondering I can’t tell that it has a auto unlike the core 3.0.

It is a amazing clutch with the extra clutch discs like the rekluse torqDrive manual. The extra friction discs make a big difference.

Curious if anybody else has had this problem with the new radius designed auto.

Had a radius on my 17’ 430rs and it took a while for me to get right. The FI bikes idle high when you first start them which makes it a little tougher to nail- I went back and forth with springs but the silver bullet was adding a hardened washer (an extra one) to the throwout bearing (I think that’s what they call it in the drawings) At any rate, there were many calls to Rekluse (they were great) and they even swapped the EXP ring thinking it was sticking (my main issue was the clutch not consistently disengaging) The extra washer was all it took...

I think this comes down to my particular bike and not all beta 4t bikes in general- but just in case I figured I’d share my experience.

When I picked up my new 300rr this past summer, I put another radius in it and it’s been flawless from day 1

Kyle

Had a radius on my 17’ 430rs and it took a while for me to get right. The FI bikes idle high when you first start them which makes it a little tougher to nail- I went back and forth with springs but the silver bullet was adding a hardened washer (an extra one) to the throwout bearing (I think that’s what they call it in the drawings) At any rate, there were many calls to Rekluse (they were great) and they even swapped the EXP ring thinking it was sticking (my main issue was the clutch not consistently disengaging) The extra washer was all it took...

I think this comes down to my particular bike and not all beta 4t bikes in general- but just in case I figured I’d share my experience.

When I picked up my new 300rr this past summer, I put another radius in it and it’s been flawless from day 1

Kyle

Kyle that’s interesting info my cx radius is on a 18 300 I’ve not had to do anything just flat works with great hook up and no freewheeling. One of my riding buddies has a radius on his 250x and it has worked great for him also. They may just work better on a two stroke

On 1/12/2019 at 10:12 AM, Ben500RR-S said:

I have never had an issue with stalling on a hill and not being able to stop the bike either using the front or rear brake or just hopping off and directing the rear of the bike across the fall-line.  To me it is a non-issue and one that I give NO thought to at all.  Some get all worked up and scared about the possibility, like it is a life or death situation that the bike will not be stopped by the rear wheel being locked up from the bike being in gear and that they will fall off the edge of the earth and be killed and not be part of Thumpertalk anymore.  

Tear two or three ligaments in your knee and then come back and tell me that rolling backwards down a hill never happens due to Rekluse. 

The only problem I've had with my rekluse is once I got used to it, I had to have one in all my dirt bikes. You think one is expensive? try buying four. Then of course you gotta buy the lhrb setup for each one also.

• Like 2

Kyle that’s interesting info my cx radius is on a 18 300 I’ve not had to do anything just flat works with great hook up and no freewheeling. One of my riding buddies has a radius on his 250x and it has worked great for him also. They may just work better on a two stroke

The one in my 300 worked right out of the box, no issue. Everyone I ride with is on a 2t Beta, they all run either Radius or Core’s and nobody has ever had a lick of trouble.
  • Like 1