california NorCal riding near Tahoe

Am guessing things are pretty snowed in/out depending on your perspective....

Ya around the lake and in truckee there is too much snow/mud. I don’t mind driving down to lower elevations though, within an hour and a half. I’m just wondering where some good places to ride tracks are besides the big places near Sacramento. 

53 minutes ago, Freakazoid said:

Ya around the lake and in truckee there is too much snow/mud. I don’t mind driving down to lower elevations though, within an hour and a half. I’m just wondering where some good places to ride tracks are besides the big places near Sacramento. 

Desert

• Like 1

Prairie City has an MX track.  It's the same track they use for the AMA Hangtown National Outdoor race you see on TV although they dumb down some of the features for mere mortals.  This is the closest MX track to Tahoe.  There are a few tracks in Marysville but that's a bit further away.

Check out Riderplanet for more info.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, its the Riddler said:

What kinda name is Fre aka zoid anyway?

Its TRANSylvanian 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 1/14/2019 at 2:38 PM, cobra46 said:

Prairie City has an MX track.  It's the same track they use for the AMA Hangtown National Outdoor race you see on TV although they dumb down some of the features for mere mortals.  This is the closest MX track to Tahoe.  There are a few tracks in Marysville but that's a bit further away.

Check out Riderplanet for more info.

There's a track at Prosser Pits/Boca. Nothing fancy.  I'm sure that it's covered with snow. 

4 hours ago, TheTrooper said:

There's a track at Prosser Pits/Boca. Nothing fancy.  I'm sure that it's covered with snow. 

That's true.  I didn't mention it because it is for sure covered in a lot of snow.  Maybe it would be fun on a snow machine.

Even in the summer that track is pretty crappy.  But the price is right.....free.

Edited by cobra46
  • Like 1

Make a weekend out of your riding trip, Carnegie OHV Park in Tracy Ca.
Plenty of nice Camping, showers, flush toilets, fire pits, great parts store with decent prices.
Try a steep hill or two

• Like 2

you misspelled,Carnage E.......Tahoe peeps ride NV,gotta have tracks there

Good track in Fallon right?

4 hours ago, ERIO said:

Good track in Fallon right?

I think there's one in Fernley.

• Like 1

The track in Truckee is covered with snow. I rode there a bunch this fall, it's nothing special, but good for practicing. I am looking for more tracks like this, smaller, public but not that many people riding there.

I went to Fernley a couple weeks ago, and it was fun, but the track was super rough in a few spots. Roughest I've ever ridden. Still, good practice.

I'm just looking for more options really. It's nice having variety within an hour and a half. I have seen some videos of a semi-track near Moon Rocks north of Reno, I wanna check it out when it dries out. Pretty much everything is snowed in or flooded and muddy right now. It must be wet even down in Sacramento/Marysville, we just got dumped on by a storm.