Just bought a Husqvarna TX300 and the stock mikuni is giving me the worst gas mileage I have ever experienced on any 2 stroke. There is a little bit of spooge but not enough to seem extremely rich. Also, when I began running out of gas I would shut the gas off and the remaining gas in the bowl seemed to go forever. Perhaps the float if too high? 

With the petcock in the 'on' position, does fuel leak out the overflow lines as soon as the bike is moderately leaned over?

Too high float level is a very typical problem of many brand new Yamahas as well, 

it can greatly contribute to poor fuel mileage especially riding in rough terrain with lots of inclines.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1

lots of fuel spilling out... currently have the carb off. So, on the tab for the float level, i should a bit futher down towards the ground?

lots of fuel spilling out... currently have the carb off. So, on the tab for the float level, i should a bit futher down towards the ground?

There are plenty of YouTube videos discussing husky and KTM float levels. Also, do the overflow tube loop mod.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wachterxc said:

The floats themselves need to be closer to the ground.  With the carb mounted and the slide and cable pulled clear. bike level, fuel line on, slowly twist the carb ~ 45deg where it should start overflowing, adjust, repeat.

40 minutes ago, weantright said:

Some recommend 10mm for easier more consistent jetting

mikuni float level.jpg

Coming in clutch. Thanks man