Jason Needs That Mental Coach

12 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

NOOOOOO!!!   That worked out horridly for Kenny the last time he dealt payback!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

He was fighting with Webb over pus*y the last time. If Cooper Webb "steals" your girl maybe you ought to let her go....?

It's always sex drugs or money, the emotions are the same, the outcome the same...  It doesn't make any difference which of the three it it's over. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 2

6 hours ago, Wally63 said:

There was nothing wrong with that pass.  The sad part was him saying sorry three times on the box.  Then Roczen started.  That's when I yelled at the TV and said we should start calling this series Pussy Cross.  

Anderson knows that Roczen has zero qualms about delivering a WOT spearing that will take them both out.  

Roczen doesn't even have to deal one for that to affect Anderson going forward....just the threat should be enough to keep Anderson from trying that again.  

6 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Anderson knows that Roczen has zero qualms about delivering a WOT spearing that will take them both out.  

Roczen doesn't even have to deal one for that to affect Anderson going forward....just the threat should be enough to keep Anderson from trying that again.  

To be honest I didn't think JA really did anything all that bad. It was a racing incident it is not like they are playing footsie out there. JA could have waited but something else could of happened and he could have lost his chance. If you get your chance to get ahead of KR you probably should take it, that ain't gonna be easy no matter how you cut it.

• Like 3

Everyone on this site knlws damn well that i am Andersons worst nightmare..Even i know that the incident this weekend with Anderson and Kenny, WAS KENNYS DOING. He turned down too early. He wasnt being patient.. He should have laid on the brakes just a tad longer. This coming from me is a big deal..you all know ill verbally bash Anderson, every chance i get..im a racer though. Anderson didnt do anything wrong

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

44 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

To be honest I didn't think JA really did anything all that bad.

34 minutes ago, slowgs2001 said:

Even i know that the incident this weekend with Anderson and Kenny, WAS KENNYS DOING. He turned down too early....Anderson didn't do anything wrong

Yeah not really dirty.  You can see Kenny's wheel turned down pretty hard right here.  When you're going to leave the door that wide open, you have to be prepared for a guy to cut across your line.  

My point though is that based on Anderson's comments, he will think twice before doing a similar maneuver on Roczen, because he knows Roczen has no bones about delivering an epic spearing.  

1808092008_ScreenShot2019-01-13at11_35_58PM.png.50b131f97d1e6e8be12a00b9b043eee2.png

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Yeah not really dirty.  You can see Kenny's wheel turned down pretty hard right here.  When you're going to leave the door that wide open, you have to be prepared for a guy to cut across your line.  

My point though is that based on Anderson's comments, he will think twice before doing a similar maneuver on Roczen, because he knows Roczen has no bones about delivering an epic spearing.  

1808092008_ScreenShot2019-01-13at11_35_58PM.png.50b131f97d1e6e8be12a00b9b043eee2.png

Which is precisely why Anderson should have owned that shit! Rocz left the door open, Anderson took advantage and lets be honest, when it comes to that type of riding Anderson is head and shoulders better than Rocz. Had he owned it Roczen would've been the nervous one going forward, as it is now it seems Roczen has the mental game. 

Unless Anderson does it again soon. In that case he's a mental ninja.

• Like 3

This is the info from my source...He has an injury that doesn't keep him from racing but is being slow to heal up.  Anderson is a creature of habit and he stays with his routine and schedules.  The added stuff he is to do by being the champ, interviews, ring presentation, etc, has taken him way out of his routine and gotten him very distracted.  While not completely his fault, he should have better prepared for the additional activities before the races.  He's on his way back to normal (for him) and as we saw last night he is getting back into his routines.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, slowgs2001 said:

Everyone on this site knlws damn well that i am Andersons worst nightmare..Even i know that the incident this weekend with Anderson and Kenny, WAS KENNYS DOING. He turned down too early. He wasnt being patient.. He should have laid on the brakes just a tad longer. This coming from me is a big deal..you all know ill verbally bash Anderson, every chance i get..im a racer though. Anderson didnt do anything wrong

You're my hero. After red. And BBa

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wally63 said:

Sometimes I'm not sure if you people are watching the same race I am.   Tomacs rear tire clearly was locking up despite all the BS head case crap spouted off in here.

Anderson was riding well.  He even explained how his mind was not there last week after the whole ring presentation and stuff.  If anything he seems more serious this year.  I do believe he is out of shape compared to where he would be if he rode the outdoors.  His race craft is still good judging by that pass and him getting second place.  Except for the first race he is riding just how he rode last year.  He is not a dominating rider, his forte is consistency and good results.  That is how he won the championship last year.  

Two races with tough conditions.  Just wish this second races track layout didn't suck so bad.  One line concrete track.

A factory bike had a wheel lock up in the 1st couple of hundred feet?  What exactly locked up? rock somewhere? Some one come up with a plausible explanation as to how a $50k+ dirt bike had a failure? I watched that mechanic for 10 minutes go thru that bike in the pits. no &%$#@!ing way. with all due respect Wally. 

5 minutes ago, portlandcsc said:

A factory bike had a wheel lock up in the 1st couple of hundred feet?  What exactly locked up? rock somewhere? Some one come up with a plausible explanation as to how a $50k+ dirt bike had a failure? I watched that mechanic for 10 minutes go thru that bike in the pits. no &%$#@!ing way. with all due respect Wally. 

Well it's far from the first time a Factory Kawi has had a wheel lock up like that. True it was the front in the past.

But if it wasn't the bike it was Eli, either way it doesn't bode well. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Well it's far from the first time a Factory Kawi has had a wheel lock up like that. True it was the front in the past.

But if it wasn't the bike it was Eli, either way it doesn't bode well. 

Some guy in Japan at  the parent company has to be just livid with the Monster Team Green multi million dollar we just suck at this tour. 

• Like 1

Getting back to the original point of the thread, many (most?) professional athletes have a mental coach, from contact sports all the way to non-contact sports like golf.  Winning isn't easy, and as mentioned, Anderson may have an injury and is distracted by all of the hoopla that comes with being a supercross champ.  If you don't think that is a huge extra load that someone like Baggett doesn't have to deal with, you're nuts.

He absolutely should have a sports psychologist, and it also wouldn't hurt to be talking to guys that have been in that position and getting their help on how to deal with the extra pressure of having the number 1 plate, added media distractions, etc.

There's nothing wrong with that, and it would help.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, slowgs2001 said:

On the streets he would be hahaha

Really? You don't come across like a fighter at all too me, too nice.

28 minutes ago, jcm3 said:

Getting back to the original point of the thread, many (most?) professional athletes have a mental coach, from contact sports all the way to non-contact sports like golf.  Winning isn't easy, and as mentioned, Anderson may have an injury and is distracted by all of the hoopla that comes with being a supercross champ.  If you don't think that is a huge extra load that someone like Baggett doesn't have to deal with, you're nuts.

He absolutely should have a sports psychologist, and it also wouldn't hurt to be talking to guys that have been in that position and getting their help on how to deal with the extra pressure of having the number 1 plate, added media distractions, etc.

Exactly

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 1:38 AM, portlandcsc said:

Well I was watching the race and you could see the wheel was not turning correctly.  Tomac was looking down and back.  You can clearly see something was not right.  An I agree with you...why would a factory bike at this stage in the game still be going through simple issues like this?  Kawi better get their $#!t together cuz that LCQ almost went way wrong in the first turn.  

Subsequently that was the first time I have ever seen a guy go over the bars and still be on his bike...hilarious!:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:09 AM, jcm3 said:

Dungy is still around the KTM/Husky shops.  I'm told he has talked to RD and gotten advise but everyone is different.  JA is a low profile guy and all of the hustle bustle and associated crap got into his head.  I find it hard to fault the guy for that when his previous biggest requirements have been podium interviews and few other commitments during his non race days training.  Should he have been better prepared?...I think so but until you walk a mile in someone else's shoes.... 

• Like 1