Bill_P

california What's your favorite World Famous Big Bob story?

2 hours ago, mitchb said:

We should do a TT group ride from Squid Valley over to Bolt Ranch using all of Jeffs trails.

I'll bring ribbon so all the quadtards can find the way too.

I only have one road. :cheers:

22 hours ago, mitchb said:

We should do a TT group ride from Squid Valley over to Bolt Ranch using all of Jeffs trails.

I'll bring ribbon so all the quadtards can find the way too.

Jeff’s trails?  Highway 18?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, its the Riddler said:

Can i bolt back if it gets too kx450f unfriendly?

Just take trail 22R5957, it's a shortcut.

• Haha 2

You guys are seriously lacking.  4 pages in a I read 1 story that is 2 sentences long?????  WTF!?

Stories make the thread.  Folks keep coming back to hear more!  Shit!  Do I need to come back?

I have 2 stories that come to mind immediately.  I can tell you more if you ask real nice..................  Now I've come up with a few more.

1)  We're in a group of about 10-20 guys up at Clear Creek and I'm tending the fire early in the morning............  all of a sudden this terrible smell hits me like a 2x4 over the head.  Holy Smokes!!!!!! Something died!!!!!!

Then Bob opens his tent and a WET DOG, Boomer, runs outta the tent.  Buster Brown then comes crawling out of that hell hole with the look of glee on his face!  I couldn't believe it.  He slept the entire night in a tiny tent with a wet dog.  He loved that dog.

2)  We're riding Foresthill back on the 3's and he just started dating Connie.  She was still trying to land that fish ........ so she agreed to a girls bike, a Yamaha 150 I think.  We had to stop & rest every 100 yards or so ......... and he is sporting this ear to ear grin on his face ....... reminded me of my 1st Elementary School crush.  He was smitten.  I think we rode 30 miles that day before he called it quits.

Now that I've done it, I just wanna make sure you guys know.  He lives for this.  Other folks talking about him is his biggest joy!

Elkins 11-26-05 001.jpg

Edited by superslyko
I can't post pics anymore!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, its the Riddler said:

Can i bolt back if it gets too kx450f unfriendly?

Double header, nice try. 

45 minutes ago, superslyko said:

You guys are seriously lacking.  4 pages in a I read 1 story that is 2 sentences long?????  WTF!?

Stories make the thread.  Folks keep coming back to hear more!  Shit!  Do I need to come back?

I have 2 stories that come to mind immediately.  I can tell you more if you ask real nice..................  Now I've come up with a few more.

1)  We're in a group of about 10-20 guys up at Clear Creek and I'm tending the fire early in the morning............  all of a sudden this terrible smell hits me like a 2x4 over the head.  Holy Smokes!!!!!! Something died!!!!!!

Then Bob opens his tent and a WET DOG, Boomer, runs outta the tent.  Buster Brown then comes crawling out of that hell hole with the look of glee on his face!  I couldn't believe it.  He slept the entire night in a tiny tent with a wet dog.  He loved that dog.

2)  We're riding Foresthill back on the 3's and he just started dating Connie.  She was still trying to land that fish ........ so she agreed to a girls bike, a Yamaha 150 I think.  We had to stop & rest every 100 yards or so ......... and he is sporting this ear to ear grin on his face ....... reminded me of my 1st Elementary School crush.  He was smitten.  I think we rode 30 miles that day before he called it quits.

Now that I've done it, I just wanna make sure you guys know.  He lives for this.  Other folks talking about him is his biggest joy!

Elkins 11-26-05 001.jpg

The king has spoken, welcome back. You had me at the dog loved it. 

8 hours ago, B.A.M.F said:

The king has spoken, welcome back. You had me at the dog loved it. 

we have a new TT Display name for him: King superslyko.    or KSSO . 

Burger-king.gif

Edited by World Famous bigbob

9 hours ago, superslyko said:

Boomer and me at clear creek.

My dirt bike days gone by.jpg

KSSO, WFBB and Peakrider. Stonyford, back when there were trees

Scott20Bob20Pat2002_zps1efyccrg.JPG

Boomer made all the rides.

boomer.jpg

So we're riding Moonrocks with about 25 -30 other folks and we get to top of some huge hill.  We're completely in the back country, far from the trucks.  This was my 1st time to Moonrocks so I was totally lost.  That place is HUGE!  You can ride 100 miles in ANY direction.  So our group is up on the top of some mountain getting our bearings and Dr. Evil hasn't shown up yet.  So they take off and I feel like waiting for the skipper.  Cuz you know..................... that's the way I am.......................... and getting lost in BFE is not fun.

So I'm waiting............................. and waiting......................... and waiting........................  NO Unabomber.  We get back to the campground 3 hours later and BB is just sitting there relaxing, drinking a beer.  So I asked, "Bob, where were you?!  I was waiting a long time!?"  And he answered completely casual like,  "Oh yeah, I saw that hill and I just turned around and went home."  He looked at me like I was a fool.  I love that guy.

Now I was taught NEVER LEAVE A BUDDY ON THE TRAIL............................................ guess I was wrong?????????????100_0328.JPG.472b9603e5043a9c7f9145910302d155.JPG

100_0329.JPG

DCFC0010.JPG

Edited by superslyko
  • Like 1

Long ago and faraway, the first superslyko story is he shows up at mace mills pulling a trailer with two bikes. One of these bikes was his red Honda XR 400 and it was smashed. The front forks bent. He did not strap the bike on the trailer correctly and it bounced loose and fell off on the roadway on his way up the hill.  :lol:  :applause:

Now you can tell them the collarbone alley story

Proof that once long ago, Eldorado650 came to one of my rides 

100_0329_JPG_775551359f809516948ea140af6ebf5c.jpg

One time we were riding with Bob up at FH and cruzed down this dead end trail that led to an overlook of the American river.

Bob gets off his bike and plumps his ass down on the ground, getting all relaxed and comfy.. Me "Hey Bob" him "Yeah?" Me "You get poison oak?"  Yep, ol Bob found one real nice patch to roll around in - never did find out if he got the itch.

City slickers.. Jeezz

• Haha 1

Fake news, no itch, never got it, never.  Superslyko got it many times

11 minutes ago, World Famous bigbob said:

Fake news, no itch, never got it, never.  Superslyko got it many times

Sorry Bob, just checked with Lee Ann- she remembers the same..

"Fake news" as a retort? I thought you would've had more imagination than that lame-ass cop out.....

9 minutes ago, World Famous bigbob said:

Danny B drives a bus and is a known tailgater

Damn strait- I've been known to hold the life of your unborn children in my sweaty palms.

Edited by dannyb

15 years on this website, only 76 posts and probably 90% of them in my threads.  Tailgater!   :lol: