Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello dear forum , I'm back with some questions ...
Could i found a low maintenance dirt bike (400/450 4T OR 250 2T) ?
I'm going to ride fields and much like trail riding but I want a low maintenance schedule.....
Is that possible ?
Possibly Enduro ?
Thanks in advance @_@

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are all low maintenance if you don’t do any. But don’t expect it to be in good shape for long.. your best bet is to look at a trail bike. Crf, ttr etc etc. If you want big bike performance your gunna have to do some learning and figure out how to take care of it

  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know and have all those things under considereration... Im just looking for the best option . I would go for a DRZ400 but im living in the UK ....
Also I want to buy it new ._.
 

Edited by Chris Maverick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Low power and low performance equals low maintenance.  High performance equals higher maintenance.

They don't sell DRZ in UK? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chris Maverick said:

Hello dear forum , I'm back with some questions ...
Could i found a low maintenance dirt bike (400/450 4T OR 250 2T) ?
I'm going to ride fields and much like trail riding but I want a low maintenance schedule.....
Is that possible ?
Possibly Enduro ?
Thanks in advance @_@

You need to let us know your height, weight, etc., for anyone to give you an honest answer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Edgecombe said:

You need to let us know your height, weight, etc., for anyone to give you an honest answer. 

Im 17 , 1.80m , 77kg ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a bit of research i found Honda CRF250L Rally has great maintenance schedule..... As im looking to buy a bike brand new...
But 157 kerb weight and ADV category , would it be good for field and mud ? 😕

image.png.fcb5bca7d8f2b02321aa1185f2601e6e.pngimage.png.87090631c6ed416c5fb35c2c35f0e41d.png

Edited by Chris Maverick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chris Maverick said:

After a bit of research i found Honda CRF250L Rally has great maintenance schedule..... As im looking to buy a bike brand new...
But 157 kerb weight and ADV category , would it be good for field and mud ? 😕

image.png.fcb5bca7d8f2b02321aa1185f2601e6e.pngimage.png.87090631c6ed416c5fb35c2c35f0e41d.png

That is a dual sport,  not really something you want to ride offroad. Its heavy as a cow too. Look at the Yamaha wr250r.  If your looking a better option of a low maintenance dually. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chris Maverick said:

Still competition oriented.... 😕

 

 

image.png

That's the f not the r version 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your not riding on road, I would suggest you stay offroad bikes only.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Edgecombe said:

If your not riding on road, I would suggest you stay offroad bikes only.  

Im not in to road , i dont even care for license plates.... but i need a bike that wouldnt need much maintenance ...
Having a look right now on those you mentioned...
Full off-road bikes like MX or Enduro need high maintenance ....
Like every ride cleaning the filter and things but on trail or dual sports its less frequent 😕

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Chris Maverick said:

Like every ride cleaning the filter and things but on trail or dual sports its less frequent 😕

Nope. Cleaning/checking the air filter after every ride according to the conditions. This applies to every offroad bike and bikes in general. Oil changes might be a little more frequent though on hardcore machines but if you're buying new or used for that matter its a good thing to be on top of. These bikes aiant cheap. Oil and filter maintenence is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chris Maverick said:

 https://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/range/off-road/crf250xrl/overview.html

Wouldnt that be a good option ?
But i cant find any maintenance schedule.....
Sorry bothering so much tho @_@

 

Anything race ready will be high maintenance.  We dont have those in the states and they would probably sell. No worries,  I'll try to help anybody in the dirt bike community. 

Edited by Edgecombe
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×