Jump to content

Beta Dirt Bikes are Slow

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, firffighter said:

I'd add outsourcing parts to India, China, Korea, etc. Everyone knows this tactic results in quality and performance success. 

You leave Korea out of this. They make great structural steel, I buy 100,000+ tons per year of it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still wonder why this thread has been started. Waste of time :confused:

Instead of reading it I should have gone for a ride with my mates Beta :ride:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I still wonder why this thread has been started. Waste of time :confused:

Instead of reading it I should have gone for a ride with my mates Beta :ride:

If you dont have a beta to ride of your own, seems like you dont have anything better to do.😁

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Edgecombe said:

If you dont have a beta to ride of your own, seems like you dont have anything better to do.😁

Well I have a KTM 300 and a GG 300, but I wanted my buddies Beta, its so sexy 😛

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Edgecombe said:

If you dont have a beta to ride of your own, seems like you dont have anything beta to do.😁

Fixed this for you. 

39 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Well I have a KTM 300 and a GG 300, but I wanted my buddies Beta, its so sexy 😛

thou shall not covet thy neighbors moto. that is the 11th commandment I heard. 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If Beta is ever going to shed their label of "Playbikes" some serious changes are in order. Maybe they never will, but here's what I reckon it would take to get the ugly boat up to speed:
* longer knobbies (ask anyone)
* less flywheel effect on the engine (the fast guys never stall)
* a powerband with a HIT (think popping the front end for wheelies)
* lose 40-50 lbs (leave off all the heavy guards and skid plates like KTM)
* drop the warranty (racers ain't skeered)
* pick a color (are you a Honda clone or a Husky clone?)
* get a brand name suspension (at least people will buy it even if it sucks)
* Go Hi Tech (I want someone to adjust my powerband in the pits from a cell phone after the start)
That's all the free tips I'll offer for now, I just hate to see a 100 year old company fall flat on it's ass, so it's the least I can do.:smirk:
 
Finally you're making some sense.

Putting asterisks at the front of each of your points couldn't be more * apropos!


*adjective

Very appropriate to a particular situation.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Don’t forget Korea makes Kim chee!! I love kim chee!! 

....I can make Kim Chee.......................:smirk:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2019 at 3:07 AM, hawaiidirtrider said:

Usually the mx guys are less likely to ride hard enduro though. 

Perhaps, but my most reliable single-track guy races MX. Maybe you meant pro?

Perhaps it's a PNW thing, but he doesn't want to lose anything when the tracks close during winter.

He is Phantom fast.................................. :shocked:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Beta300recat said:

....I can make Kim Chee.......................:smirk:

Well of course you can!!!  We can also just bust out the package mix !! That’s the lazy way. I just buy the big Costco bottle. Maybe that’s even lazier??

 

076150F0-DD44-4A6F-972F-9DABC65D596C.png

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Beta300recat said:

Perhaps, but my most reliable single-track guy races MX. Maybe you meant pro?

Perhaps it's a PNW thing, but he doesn't want to lose anything when the tracks close during winter.

He is Phantom fast.................................. :shocked:

We have some that are awesome mx and hard enduro guys. Those guys get the highest respect :worthy: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Well of course you can!!!  We can also just bust out the package mix !! That’s the lazy way. I just buy the big Costco bottle. Maybe that’s even lazier??

When I'm lazy (usually) I get the gallon jar at the food service restaurant. I think it's local.

Fermenting veggies is like shooting fish in a barrel. :thumbsup:

Quote

All you need to do is combine shredded cabbage with some salt and pack it into a container

https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-homemade-sauerkraut-in-a-mason-jar-193124

Add your scallions, ginger, peppers and diacon radish.

But yes, I made kim chee with a Korean gal one night.......................... ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Beta300recat said:

When I'm lazy (usually) I get the gallon jar at the food service restaurant. I think it's local.

Fermenting veggies is like shooting fish in a barrel. :thumbsup:

Add your scallions, ginger, peppers and diacon radish.

But yes, I made kim chee with a Korean gal one night.......................... ;)

Gotta have some red ... gotta have some red hot peppers 🌶 too!! :ride:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×